After our drive, we enjoyed the peaceful and quiet view from the deck of our home.
We feasted on the beauty around us and relished our time spent together.
I never tire of the view of Cold Mountain from the deck.....and can still feel the cool breeze on my face.
Daddy and Jack
Mama and Jackie


20 comments:
Hiya, Jackie, and great to see you back. Crumbs what a view - I could look at it all day - no wonder you like going there. Closest thing to Heaven here on Earth. Miles of smiles ~ Eddie
Hi Eddie... So good to see you and hear from you. Yes, the view is heavenly. I'm working on another blog....one with more photos of our trip....but wanted to get some photos and a 'hello' up on the current blog. I hope that you and your family are well. Thinking of you with smiles, of course.
J.
I'm with Eddie on this one...my idea of Heaven too! Sounds like a lovely trip. It's so nice to have quality time with our loved ones. Glad you got to slow down and soak it all up. :)
Your second home looks lovely, especially the view. I'm glad you can share your North Carolina home with your parents. Thanks for sharing with us.
Jo Ann....It is so nice to see you again. I love visiting your blog so very much. Know that I am thinking of you and your family.
Love,
Jackie
Hi Lisa (Tainterturtles! :)) )
The home is Mama and Daddy's home. Jack and I have been going there for 20 years or more. They are gracious to share it with us.
The view is spectacular. I will post more photos of our trip on my next blog. It's wonderful to see you, my friend. Happy trails to you!!!
Love,
Jackie
Oh, Jackie, my husband would be so jealous! He always talks about having a home in the mountains of North Carolina!
We used to have a small summer cabin in upstate New York when the kids were little and he felt like that was Heaven, I know he would think this was way beyond that!
Enjoy!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen
What a delightful place; the view, and the people.
I'm not sure I'd get anything done besides sitting there and looking at Cold Mountain! Maybe bathroom breaks and trips to the coffee pot....
Eileen...Thank you for coming here and staying a while with me. I know that you are getting some sweet baby sugar....and I am so happy for you and your family that little Eóghan is home. Continue to enjoy the blessings he brings you. Hugs and love to you.
Rob...I bet you are seeing a bit more snow than me, eh? :)) Since we don't see any where I live, I am so excited to see snow at all, that if I see some on the distance, I get absolutely giddy. I send you lots of smiles and hugs hoping that you are having a beautiful week.
Rebecca....Have you been spying on me! :)))
How did you know? We sit...and sit....and then it's time to get another cup o'coffee....
Love to have you join me for a cup. You know the way, my friend. Love to you....
My email alert went off just as I began to read your post and reflect on the awe-inspiring views in your photos... and it was you leaving sweet prayers of comfort for me :) How I love thinking that our thoughts crossed over the universe, each caring for the other. Breathe deeply, my friend, drink it all in!! family, fellowship, time with nature- it doesn't get any better than this!
Vicky....God takes care of His children. He places friends in the pathways to cross... I will breathe deeply, Vicky. Thank you for being you. You are a special and dear friend. God bless you and your sweet family...
What wonders you show us my friend.
Pity we cant see those smiles tho,lol.
Stewart....the back of my hair is the 'best' side of my face. :))) Hugs and warmest smiles to you, imac. I love your photos!!!! Love your blog.
So breath-taking! Although as soon as I read Cold Mountain I recalled the movie with Nichol Kidman.....PHEW that was movie that chilled me to the bones....
Linda... Me too...and it is the same Cold Mountain as the book and the movie portrayed. I cannot imagine trekking through there. It's so good to see you, Linda! Hugs!!!
(gasp)What an amazing view!!
(following on the heels of the thread with Imac:) My, my, but you do have lovely hair. I just know that your smile makes other people smile as well.
(back to the original post:) What a peaceful way to spend time with your family. I see that the landscape is on the verge of exploding with color.
Craver...I just posted another blog...and commented on my hair. I don't like it....but am so touched that you do. Thank you!! I think my smile is my best feature...but can't publish it without my face...therefore, I tend not to. But, I bit the bullet and put a face on the blog.
The mountains are so peaceful...yes, they are. We will be returning next week. It's a long drive, but it is worth it. We cannot get in and out there during the winter (except air-lift) :))...so we enjoy it three seasons of the years. Hugs and smiles to you, my friend.
Post a Comment