Thursday, January 12, 2012

How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnish’d, not to shine in use

~Alfred Lord Tennyson


12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Be still my heart! Now you're talking MY language. Rust!

Eddie Bluelights said...

The Second Law Of Thermodynamics again, Jackie LOL
A continuous battle to combat rust and boy, I am rusty these days LOL.

Great photos.

Smiles and hugs ~ Eddie

Suldog said...

I love old weathered wood with something rusty attached. I'm serious. There's something entirely peaceful about such a scene.

Vicky said...

Nice captures Jackie, and I especially like that quote. So good to hear from you and receive your steady and never ending love and prayers- thank you friend :)

Wanda..... said...

It's wabi sabi art!

imac said...

Great Grainy(wood not photos.lol) shots my friend

Cindy said...

Great shots Jackie. I love old, weathered and rusty objects and I love the fence post. Happy tomorrow!

Eileen said...

Oh, these pictures are perfection! I love old, I love rusted, I love the perfect imperfection!

Are these on your property?
Very pretty!
Love,
Eileen

tainterturtles said...

Nice photography Jackie. Could you please send some warm air up this way?

Maggie May said...

Even rust & decay can be made into a good photo with you in charge!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Craver Vii said...

Funny, isn't it, how rusty iron, chipped paint and weathered wood can be so pleasing to the eye. You have conveyed so much character in those detailed pieces. I like the way you work with light and shade. The color balance is superb.

Whew, it's hard to type with these heavy gloves, Jackie! Winter finally arrived in the Chicago area.

Diana said...

I'm feeling a bit rusty myself right now if ya know what I mean!!
Love Di ♥