I was raised in Chicago, so these kind of scenes seem so far away to me, even now. I wish you the best in your planting efforts. I especially like that close-up.
This season is very different from last year for us, too. They had to shut down Lake Shore Drive because of so much snow.
I have to tell you and Shelby and Ashton the cake smasher could be twins! Those babies looks exactly alike! The EYES on both of them are identicle! so beautiful! Did I get the names right? lol
Patty (Crisfied Maryland Photographer) - thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for commenting. That is very kind of you. I hope that you and your husband continue to enjoy your travels. Your photography is amazing! I appreciate your e-mails regarding lenses and equipment that I asked you about. You have a gift of photography. Thank you for your expertise. Hugs to you!!
Eileen - Thank you, my friend. I'm glad that you love the photos. I enjoy taking them. I'm always trying to learn and improve on my photography. I have a long way to go, but I am enjoying the trip. Give your sweet grandchildren kisses from me. I love visiting with you on your blog!!! Love to you, too, Eileen.
Craver - being a "city guy" I guess that the rural scenes depicted here are far removed from you. I take the farm life for granted, I guess, and I would be enthralled to see and photograph the snow that you have in your area. Thank you for your visits, Craver. Warm smiles to you, my friend.
Patty (Lincoln) - I do hope that we get some winter. I am probably in the minority here when I say that, but I do love the feel of winter, and we just haven't had any to speak of at all. I have been thinking about the upcoming summer, too. It may be unbearably hot. Thank you for your visits and comments, Patty. Great big hugs to you!!
Maggie - I'm glad that you like the rural aspect of my life. I like it too! I don't have much to photograph this week, so since Paul was out on the tractor working, I decided I'd take the camera out and get a few photos of him. I'm happy to share them with you. I love you, my friend.
Linda - Regarding how much my great-nephew and my granddaughter look alike...I don't see it except that they both have blue eyes. But, I can understand how you would think they look alike. Their eyes are pretty and blue. I'm sending you big smiles, Linda Lu. Hugs accompany them!!
Sally (Retired English Teacher) - we have gotten a little rain but not nearly enough. It is very dry here. Our garden is small. Our farm is large, but we only plant enough in the garden for us to enjoy when the veggies come in. I hope that you are feeling better. I'm so sorry that you took that awful fall, and I do hope that you continue to get better. Hugs to you from me...
Oh, yes; I certainly understand "unseasonably warm." We've had the second or third mildest winter on record. Hardly any snow. Temperatures around the freezing point, when they would be well below that.
Still, it is a bit early for planting potatoes up here.
Bear - for there to be that small amount of snow in Canada this time of year does say something about all of our winters, doesn't it! Continue to enjoy your hibernation; stay out of those freezing temperatures as much as you can. Warm bear hugs to you...
It's been unseasonably warm here too Jackie. Sixty-one yesterday! I love it. Yet I can't imagine gardening yet! But seeing is believing so I'm glad that you posted those photos! Lets hope this mild winter continues. I still haven't picked up a new Farmers Almanac, which I love. I've been interested on seeing what it says about the rest of the winter. Love and Hugs, Di ♥
I am hoping we have a mild summer and no scorching heat. I also pray for water especially for the wildlife and the trees that can't walk to the creek to get a drink.
I am such a dope when it comes to gardening or farming. I had no idea potatoes were planted in the winter. How many potatoes do you reap? Quite a few, I would guess, from the looks of it.
Oh glory girl, ya give this Ozark Farm Chick the urge to plant...plant anything but in this frost holler, I don't dare 'till the middle of May. {{{SIGH}}}!!!
Love the photo, it's magnificent!!!
God bless ya from the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!! :o)
Hey, Jackie, I was looking at your photos again and enjoying that dusty dirt. It is so wet here we may have to start planting rice. The old-timers say the recent earthquake lowered us a tad. I believe it. We have not dried out one bit, and our farmers may have a tough time this season.
Di - Hi!! :)) I hope that you are feeling better and better. Two surgeries for you in the past months is a lot for one to endure. Know that I'm thinking of you. When you do begin your gardening, I know that there will be hopes for your li'l frog to return. I keep my fingers crossed that he/she will be baaaack. Daddy reads Farmers Almanac. Great minds do think alike. I send you love and hugs, my friend.
Abe - you are right about the wildlife and their hunt for water. I, too, hope that they will be able to find it easily. You have a kind heart...especially for God's creatures. I love your photos of birds. Outstanding! Thank you for your visits here. :)))) Hugs to you.
Stewart - I'm not sure about 'wonders' :))) but I just click the photos as I see 'em. And this week, it was a dusty harrowing. P.S. We had to go to the agricultural store today and buy 12 new discs for the harrow. Thank you for the smiles you bring me. Be sure tell Julie I said hello. Maybe one day when Paul and I travel to the UK, we can meet you both. That would be wonderful.
Jim - You are far from a dope. As a matter of fact, I am wondering when I will see you on Jeopardy. Let us know...puhleeze. Regarding the potatoes, we are suppose to plant them on February 14. We only plant enough for us to eat (and for us to share with our family...) but it usually turns out that we have more 'taters than we anticipated. I love to dig them. It's like finding Easter eggs! Hugs to you, my friend.
Nazzy - welcome! You are new here. I thank you for your visit. Your drawl sounds a lot like mine. I can "hear" it through your blog! :))) Nothin' like a kuntry gurl, eh? :)) Welcome and smiles to you!!!
Lew - I wish we had a barn (or two) to clean. That would be wonderful to me. I love living in the country, and want to add more to our farm. I want to get some chickens (lots of work, but I have always wanted them.) I hope that you have a good week, my friend. Thank you for your kind remarks here. It's always good to see you.
RunE - It's actually a little too warm here (to me.) People move to the South (USA) to enjoy the climate, but the summers have been a little too hot to me...and we haven't had a cold enough winter. (Just me, I'm sure...most people like the warmer temps here.) I hope that you are continuing to feel better and better. Take care of you!! Hugs...
Patty (Cristfield, Maryland) - welcome back!! Two visits on one blog. I love the company and the visits. I do. I like the dusty feel of the photos on this blog post, but not having the equipment that I would like to have (on my list, though!! :)) ) I wasn't able to capture exactly what I wanted, but I keep trying. Oh, I wish we could get some of the precipitation that you all are having. Our water table is waaaay down. I do pray for more rain here. Thank you again for your visits. They mean a great deal to me. Hugs to you!!
19 comments:
Excellent photos. Love the preview to spring. Planting season around these parts is still a ways off. One more reason to live in the south! Ha!
Great photography skills, Jackie! 'Love the photos!
Our Winter has been mild too, but it's definitely not yet time to think about a garden here.
You lucky girl!
We're still dreaming about moving down south. Post-poned once again, but we'll get there some day I hope!
Love to you,
Eileen
I was raised in Chicago, so these kind of scenes seem so far away to me, even now. I wish you the best in your planting efforts. I especially like that close-up.
This season is very different from last year for us, too. They had to shut down Lake Shore Drive because of so much snow.
I wonder if this mild winter will last and if so, what might the summer feel like?
That farm machinery is great to look at and mighty useful too by the sound of it. Love the rural aspect of your life.
Maggie X
Nuts in May
I have to tell you and Shelby and Ashton the cake smasher could be twins! Those babies looks exactly alike! The EYES on both of them are identicle! so beautiful! Did I get the names right? lol
These are wonderful photos. I would say you have a huge garden!
Have you had any moisture. We got a little snow here today, but it is very dry and has be quite warm.
Patty (Crisfied Maryland Photographer) - thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for commenting. That is very kind of you. I hope that you and your husband continue to enjoy your travels. Your photography is amazing! I appreciate your e-mails regarding lenses and equipment that I asked you about. You have a gift of photography. Thank you for your expertise. Hugs to you!!
Eileen - Thank you, my friend. I'm glad that you love the photos. I enjoy taking them. I'm always trying to learn and improve on my photography. I have a long way to go, but I am enjoying the trip.
Give your sweet grandchildren kisses from me. I love visiting with you on your blog!!!
Love to you, too, Eileen.
Craver - being a "city guy" I guess that the rural scenes depicted here are far removed from you. I take the farm life for granted, I guess, and I would be enthralled to see and photograph the snow that you have in your area. Thank you for your visits, Craver. Warm smiles to you, my friend.
Patty (Lincoln) - I do hope that we get some winter. I am probably in the minority here when I say that, but I do love the feel of winter, and we just haven't had any to speak of at all. I have been thinking about the upcoming summer, too. It may be unbearably hot. Thank you for your visits and comments, Patty. Great big hugs to you!!
Maggie - I'm glad that you like the rural aspect of my life. I like it too! I don't have much to photograph this week, so since Paul was out on the tractor working, I decided I'd take the camera out and get a few photos of him. I'm happy to share them with you. I love you, my friend.
Linda - Regarding how much my great-nephew and my granddaughter look alike...I don't see it except that they both have blue eyes. But, I can understand how you would think they look alike. Their eyes are pretty and blue. I'm sending you big smiles, Linda Lu. Hugs accompany them!!
Sally (Retired English Teacher) - we have gotten a little rain but not nearly enough. It is very dry here.
Our garden is small. Our farm is large, but we only plant enough in the garden for us to enjoy when the veggies come in. I hope that you are feeling better. I'm so sorry that you took that awful fall, and I do hope that you continue to get better. Hugs to you from me...
Oh, yes; I certainly understand "unseasonably warm." We've had the second or third mildest winter on record. Hardly any snow. Temperatures around the freezing point, when they would be well below that.
Still, it is a bit early for planting potatoes up here.
Bear - for there to be that small amount of snow in Canada this time of year does say something about all of our winters, doesn't it! Continue to enjoy your hibernation; stay out of those freezing temperatures as much as you can. Warm bear hugs to you...
It's been unseasonably warm here too Jackie. Sixty-one yesterday! I love it. Yet I can't imagine gardening yet!
But seeing is believing so I'm glad that you posted those photos!
Lets hope this mild winter continues. I still haven't picked up a new Farmers Almanac, which I love. I've been interested on seeing what it says about the rest of the winter.
Love and Hugs, Di ♥
I am hoping we have a mild summer and no scorching heat. I also pray for water especially for the wildlife and the trees that can't walk to the creek to get a drink.
What wonders come from your camera my friend.
I am such a dope when it comes to gardening or farming. I had no idea potatoes were planted in the winter. How many potatoes do you reap? Quite a few, I would guess, from the looks of it.
Oh glory girl, ya give this Ozark Farm Chick the urge to plant...plant anything but in this frost holler, I don't dare 'till the middle of May. {{{SIGH}}}!!!
Love the photo, it's magnificent!!!
God bless ya from the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa!!! :o)
I hope yoru planting weather is good! We have not had much frozen ground, but most of the farm activity involves cleaning barns.
We have had a "mild" winter so far - but planting potatoes? It sounds ans looks like you live in climate made in heaven :-)
Hey, Jackie, I was looking at your photos again and enjoying that dusty dirt. It is so wet here we may have to start planting rice. The old-timers say the recent earthquake lowered us a tad. I believe it. We have not dried out one bit, and our farmers may have a tough time this season.
Di - Hi!! :)) I hope that you are feeling better and better. Two surgeries for you in the past months is a lot for one to endure. Know that I'm thinking of you. When you do begin your gardening, I know that there will be hopes for your li'l frog to return. I keep my fingers crossed that he/she will be baaaack.
Daddy reads Farmers Almanac. Great minds do think alike. I send you love and hugs, my friend.
Abe - you are right about the wildlife and their hunt for water. I, too, hope that they will be able to find it easily. You have a kind heart...especially for God's creatures. I love your photos of birds. Outstanding! Thank you for your visits here. :)))) Hugs to you.
Stewart - I'm not sure about 'wonders' :))) but I just click the photos as I see 'em. And this week, it was a dusty harrowing. P.S. We had to go to the agricultural store today and buy 12 new discs for the harrow. Thank you for the smiles you bring me. Be sure tell Julie I said hello. Maybe one day when Paul and I travel to the UK, we can meet you both. That would be wonderful.
Jim - You are far from a dope. As a matter of fact, I am wondering when I will see you on Jeopardy. Let us know...puhleeze. Regarding the potatoes, we are suppose to plant them on February 14. We only plant enough for us to eat (and for us to share with our family...) but it usually turns out that we have more 'taters than we anticipated. I love to dig them. It's like finding Easter eggs!
Hugs to you, my friend.
Nazzy - welcome! You are new here. I thank you for your visit. Your drawl sounds a lot like mine. I can "hear" it through your blog! :)))
Nothin' like a kuntry gurl, eh?
:)) Welcome and smiles to you!!!
Lew - I wish we had a barn (or two) to clean. That would be wonderful to me. I love living in the country, and want to add more to our farm. I want to get some chickens (lots of work, but I have always wanted them.) I hope that you have a good week, my friend. Thank you for your kind remarks here. It's always good to see you.
RunE - It's actually a little too warm here (to me.) People move to the South (USA) to enjoy the climate, but the summers have been a little too hot to me...and we haven't had a cold enough winter. (Just me, I'm sure...most people like the warmer temps here.)
I hope that you are continuing to feel better and better. Take care of you!! Hugs...
Patty (Cristfield, Maryland) - welcome back!! Two visits on one blog. I love the company and the visits. I do. I like the dusty feel of the photos on this blog post, but not having the equipment that I would like to have (on my list, though!! :)) ) I wasn't able to capture exactly what I wanted, but I keep trying.
Oh, I wish we could get some of the precipitation that you all are having. Our water table is waaaay down. I do pray for more rain here.
Thank you again for your visits. They mean a great deal to me.
Hugs to you!!
Post a Comment