Veggie planting is finished at our house. Grandson was tickled to help Granddaddy Friday afternoon. Granddaddy was patient and loving as he showed Garrett how to use the shovel and hoe and how to plant his very own tomato plant.
"Each day of our lives we make deposits in
the memory banks of our children."
Oh, Jackie, these pictures are just so sweet. And he will see his plant grow and change and finally (hopefully) bear tomatoes. I love these. Thank you for sharing your precious little guy with me. :-)
How lovely to have such a willing helper and he will feel its quite natural to plant veg when he is older because you've set him a fine example. Maggie X
Stewart...I smile. Garrett was so eager to plant his own tomato plant, and when he saw Granddaddy in the garden, it wouldn't but do that he joined him to help plant the garden. I can't wait for him to harvest a tomato from "his" plant. It was actually too hot for him to stay out there but a few minutes, but he was able to shovel the mulch in one spot and plant his very own tomato. He was proud!!
Cindy...I can't wait until the tomatoes are ready to pick. We walked out there this afternoon after church and looked at them. Garrett knows which one is "his" tomato plant! I hope that you and your Dad are doing well, Cindy. I'm thinking of you... Hugs right back to you! J.
Priceless! This is a really neat slice of life. You have to get a followup picture of Garrett tending the plant, but wearing a red shirt, so we can call him, "Mater." :-)
Your grandson looks a fine young man and he will always remember his times gardening with his granddaddy. I love that quote too, and thank you for your joy in our new family member :-)
Very nice Jackie! I tried your's and A.C.'s method of picture taking with children. Catching them off guard. Sarah is just too darn sly or I'm not sneaky enough because she catches me every time trying to take her photo!! Love Di ♥
Here's hoping that you can catch Sarah with your camera! I smile, my friend...knowing how elusive those sweet ones can be. Good luck to you. Love you, J.
Gail...I will continue to pray for your Mom. I sent her a card on Thursday. I do hope that she begins to feel better very soon. Thank you for your visits and your friendship. Hugs and love to you, J.
Stay cool as you work outside; it's very hot here, and I imagine it's the same there. I enjoy your blog, and I look forward to visiting and reading and commenting. Have a great weekend. Hugs, J.
34 comments:
I bet there is a young man who is looking forward to his own tomato :-)
Oh, Jackie, these pictures are just so sweet. And he will see his plant grow and change and finally (hopefully) bear tomatoes. I love these. Thank you for sharing your precious little guy with me. :-)
Absolutey!
I only wish I had a camera with me each time he goes to inspect it, Jan.
Thank you for your sweet visits and comments. They mean a lot to me.
How lovely to have such a willing helper and he will feel its quite natural to plant veg when he is older because you've set him a fine example.
Maggie X
Nuts in May
Thank you, sweet friend. I hope that you and Harry feel hugs from here to there. Love you!
That little chappie should get a medal for all his hard work - bless him.lol
Love - love - love your Chuck Swindoll quote! And it is so very true! Hugz to you and your family!
Tamara...thank you! We send the biggest hugs right back to you and yours, my friend.
Stewart...I smile. Garrett was so eager to plant his own tomato plant, and when he saw Granddaddy in the garden, it wouldn't but do that he joined him to help plant the garden. I can't wait for him to harvest a tomato from "his" plant. It was actually too hot for him to stay out there but a few minutes, but he was able to shovel the mulch in one spot and plant his very own tomato. He was proud!!
How sweet they look working together. I'm sure they both enjoyed it. Wait until it produces a tomato, the little one will be so proud.
Hugs,
Cindy
Cindy...I can't wait until the tomatoes are ready to pick. We walked out there this afternoon after church and looked at them. Garrett knows which one is "his" tomato plant!
I hope that you and your Dad are doing well, Cindy. I'm thinking of you...
Hugs right back to you!
J.
What an incredible picture story this is - and the quote so appropriate. How it must have thrilled you to watch.
How sweet! Your little grandson looks so serious trying to help grandpa in the garden. I love it Jackie!
Thrilled beyond words to watch them together making memories, my friend. Thank you for your visits. I hope that you had a great vacation!
Thank you, Lisa. As you and Bikeman continue to enjoy your rides together, know that I'm thinking of you.
(I love your grilled veggies!)
Priceless! This is a really neat slice of life. You have to get a followup picture of Garrett tending the plant, but wearing a red shirt, so we can call him, "Mater." :-)
Craver...Orange you clever. It is a done deal. Red shirt coming up. Maters all around!
Love hearing from you!!
Smiles,
J.
It's so very cool to be a kid and enjoy planting something for the first time. Nice job, Granddaddy!
It is cool, Jim. He had a great time, planting with Granddaddy.
I hope that you had a great week!
Your grandson looks a fine young man and he will always remember his times gardening with his granddaddy. I love that quote too, and thank you for your joy in our new family member :-)
Thank you, Julie. He is a fine young man. His manners are impeccable, and he is soooo cute (to me!) :)) I love him beyond words!!
Oh my goodness. How sweet. Great photos, Jackie.
Thank you, Patty! Great big smiles to you!!!
Very nice Jackie! I tried your's and A.C.'s method of picture taking with children. Catching them off guard. Sarah is just too darn sly or I'm not sneaky enough because she catches me every time trying to take her photo!! Love Di ♥
Here's hoping that you can catch Sarah with your camera! I smile, my friend...knowing how elusive those sweet ones can be. Good luck to you.
Love you,
J.
HI JACKIE - these memories are so precious. Great pictures, loving memories.
Love to you
Gail
peace......
p.s. My Mom broke her tail bone (coccyx) keep the prayers coming and hugs to your Mama and Daddy
Gail...I will continue to pray for your Mom. I sent her a card on Thursday. I do hope that she begins to feel better very soon. Thank you for your visits and your friendship.
Hugs and love to you,
J.
I could'a used your little helper today. I've been out transplantin' flowers and plantin' 'mators! Heeeheheeh!!!
There's just nothin' as precious as makin' memories!!!
I wanted to thank ya for your sweet comment and hoppin' on my blog! What a ride we're gonna have!
God bless and enjoy this beautiful day...I just came in to cool off...gotta go! :o)
Stay cool as you work outside; it's very hot here, and I imagine it's the same there.
I enjoy your blog, and I look forward to visiting and reading and commenting. Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
J.
Garrett will be very surprised when he see his own tomato plant getting little tomatoes.
I can't wait to see him see it, either!! :))
I will be there with camera in hand.
Hugs to you, Patty!!
Teaching them the right things.
I am sure when he grows up he is going to remember these small things and how nice it is being close to nature.
Thank you so much for your visit and kind comments.
I hope that you have a lovely week!
Post a Comment