Monday, April 9, 2012

View

We spent time in North Carolina with Mama and Daddy. We were there for 8 days and the time, beauty, and peacefulness of being with family are priceless.


Here is the view from our home in Western N.C.  For those of you who have read the novel or seen the movie, the tallest mountain that you can see in the photos from our front deck is Cold Mountain.


The view is incredible and we never ever grow tired of it.


I love you Mama and Daddy and look forward to returning with you to NC in a few weeks.


Love,
Jackie














40 comments:

Rebecca said...

We drove through the mountains, stopping to enjoy similar views. I can't imagine having a view of your own! So glad you enjoyed your time there! How closely our visits lay. We really must arrange to coordinate our time in N.C.

Thanks SO much for your beautiful postcard. (Did I already say that????)

Rob-bear said...

Beautiful pictures, Jackie. I'm so glad you had the time with your parents.

imac said...

Family time is priceless - great shots my friend.

Sally Wessely said...

These photos are so neat. I love the one of your parents looking at each other. It sounds like you had a wonderful time - all of you.

Jackie said...

Rebecca..I thought of you as we were there...knowing that your husband plays golf there and that you shop there. It would be lovely to coordinate our visits so that we could meet one day. Enjoy your trip.

Jackie said...

Rob - thank you! I'm glad you like the photos.
Here's wishing you bear hugs for always.

Jackie said...

Stewart - it is an honor to call you friend.
Thank you for your kind comments and your faithful visits.

Jackie said...

Sally - I like the photo of Mama and Daddy looking at each other, too. Mama doesn't wear a hat. The one she is wearing belongs to Daddy, and I begged her to put it on for a 'hat photo shoot'...and she lovingly obliged me. Hugs to you!

Wanda..... said...

Lovely sky and mountain views to enjoy with your parents, Jackie!

Jackie said...

I agree with you, Wanda.
The view is breathtaking, and to enjoy it with Mama and Daddy is a gift beyond words.

tainterturtles said...

The view from your NC home is breathtaking! I'm so glad you could spend time with your parents and they certainly look happy in your photo.

Jackie said...

Thank you, Lisa.
Yes...Mama and Daddy were happy campers! Mama and Paul and I played Rummy almost every evening. Mama is a fierce competitor and usually wins. She's a phenomenal card player.
We had a great time.
Stay warm these next few days. Here's hoping that spring is here for you.
Hugs,
J.

Gail said...

HI JACKIE - oh such beautiful pictures and wonderful time spent. I loved being with you all in NC. :-) And Jackie, "thank you" so much for the beautiful and much appreciated post card - I loved it and I love you. Hugs to your Mama and Daddy.
Please pray for my Mom - she is so fragile. sigh......
Love to you and yours
Gail
peace.....

Jackie said...

Gail..I will most certainly pray for your Mom. I will do that each day. I promise. Give her a hug from me.
If you'll send me her address, I'll send her a card.
Hugs and many smiles to you, my friend.

Maggie May said...

How wonderful to be able to look out on that beautiful view whenever you want.
Hope your Mom & Dad are OK. They look happy.

We had atrocious Easter weather.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Tamara said...

Oh Jackie! Such beauty, such history, and time well spent with family! Hugz to you and your family. (I especially like the T-shirt "the mountains are calling...)

DJan said...

What fantastic pictures, Jackie! I especially love the first one, not sure why, but it evokes my own father to my mind. Thank you for sharing these fine people with me. :-)

Suldog said...

That is just a truly magnificent view. I'd sit out on that deck most of every day!

Jackie said...

Maggie...they were happy! That makes me happy.
I'm so sorry that your weather was not pretty during Easter.
I send wishes for a wonderful remainder of April weather for you and your dear Harry. Give him a hug for me and of course hugs for my sweet friend Maggie!

Jackie said...

Tamara, I have a t-shirt just like that. Muir's saying resonates with me always.
The history before us there is incredible. You would LOVE it!! There is a mountain in the photo that is named Lickstone. A local was telling Daddy about it. The Indians named it that because the rocks in that mountain are salty.
Hugs and love to you.

Jackie said...

My pleasure, my friend. To share love of family is endearing to me. The thought that the photo evoked memories of your father makes me happy, Jan. Sending you love and sunshine always.
Hugs,
J.
P.S. Loved your parachute jumping photo...moments before 'touchdown.' What a brave woman you are!

Jackie said...

I'd join you, Jim. It is incredibly beautiful and blissful there.
Thinking of you and your family this week.
Sending love to you all.
Jackie

Craver Vii said...

The pictures are phenomenal!

I got a charge at how competitive your mom is with cards. Mine is like that with dominoes. She's virtually unbeatable!

Jackie said...

Hi Craver! How are you? I'm so glad to see you here.
Smiling as I think of our Moms and their competitive spirits. God Bless 'em !!
I hope that you and your family are having a good week.
I always look forward to seeing your photos.
Hugs from me,
J.

Rune Eide said...

A home with a view - and especially one like that - is worth its weight in gold!

Jackie said...

Amen, my friend!
Good to see you. I hope that you are feeling well.
Continued good wishes to you.
J.

Diana said...

Such a beautiful view Jackie. I was talking to Ginny yesterday and she and Daniel went to the mountains over the weekend. I told her that she should meet you someday when you are in the same area, she said she would love to!
I got your post card and they were on the same Parkway! Your mama looks so happy there. What a peaceful, gorgeous view! Love you.
Love Di ♥

Jackie said...

Di...I would love to meet Ginny, and especially in NC. Let me know the next time she is planning a trip to the Parkway.
Mama is happy Di. She and Daddy will be married 65 years this year!
Love you, too, my friend.
J.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jackie: Those are some great photos of a neat area of the country. I loved the movie and it is neat to know someone who was raised in that area.

Lady Di Tn said...

Beautiful view and thanks for sharing with us. Peace

Jackie said...

Glad you liked the photos. We love the view.
We don't live there; it's our vacation home, but it's always nice to see Cold Mountain in person. I loved the movie, too!
:))
Smiles,
J.

Jackie said...

Thank you, Lady Di Tn.
It's a pleasure to share the view with you.
Have a great remainder of the week.
Hugs,
Jackie

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh my goodness glory girl, that view is most breathtakingly beautiful!!! Thanks for a little peek into your lovely world!

God bless ya and have yourself a marvelous weekend sweetie!!! :o)

Jackie said...

Weekend's coming, Nezzy. I plan on giving it all I have!
Thank you for the sweet comment and the visit. Glad you peeked in here, and I welcome you back any time.
Hugs,
J.

Unknown said...

Jackie! that is absolutely beautiful! I have not read the book but have seen the movie several times! CRY CRY CRY when I see it every time! What amazing views....I would never leave!
PS I know you will understand when I say (post cards are the best!) ;) many hugs

Jackie said...

Hello Linda Lu...
I cried when I saw Cold Mountain, too...sigh. It's a great movie.
I'm glad that you like postcards. I kinda like 'em too! ;)
Hugs back to you, my friend.
Love,
Jackie

Lew said...

Beautiful view! And congratulations to you Mom and Dad for a long marriage. I have been in that area and love the NC mountains, though most of my visits were up the parkway near Boone.

Jackie said...

Thank you, Lew! I am happy to be able to wish them "Happy 65th" anniversary this December. :))
The drive along the parkway is awesome. I love the NC mountains so much. That drive is 'strawberries on the shortcake' of mountain living. Thank you so much for your kind visits!
Hugs,
J.

aurbie said...

Georgeous. One of my favorite places. I sure miss that part of the country.

Jackie said...

Patty...I think the area is gorgeous, too.
Sending you smiles and wishes for a beautiful week.
Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog. It is always a pleasure to see you here.
Hugs,
J.