Saturday, December 8, 2012

drifting

This old fishing boat drifted up onto our lake lot a month or two ago.
She doesn't have a recognizable registration number on her, and she has seen "better days."
It would be kind to say she is pretty well worn out.... (actually, she's a 'wreck.')




Daddy has tried to find the owner of the vessel...to no avail.
She sat and sat at the edge of the lake...right where she drifted.

Husband and Daddy decided to tow her to the middle of the lake and let her drift...hoping that perhaps the owner might spot her.

After a few days of sitting in the middle of the lake, she drifted back to our lake lot (out of all the property around the lake, she finds her way right back to our lot.)

I think that she drifted back in because she wanted her photo taken.
I am happy to oblige.


Sunset
Cherry Lake, Florida
 December 8, 2012








26 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh how beautiful. sandie

Jackie said...

I'm so glad you like it, Sandie!
:))

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

And oh such a lovely, lovely, lovely Photo Op she made!!!! Beautiful, beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing...

Now I suppose there is some real-life-reason for her drifting back, to your lake lot. Some kind of water movement, etc., etc., etc. But I prefer to think that she really, really wanted to come to... and come back to, this spot of yours. :-)

Perhaps a lovely story could be conjured up, about her and this...? :-)

Rob-bear said...

You're obviously having fun with this. Maybe the boat likes your company.

And I see you're not buried under snow.

Merry Christmas. Blessings and Bear hugs (from the hibernating Bear).

Jackie said...

Thank you! The lovely story, however, would have to be conjured up by you.
:))

Jackie said...

Rob...we are not buried under snow, nor will we see one flake...sigh.
Stay warm.
Merry Christmas to you!!

DJan said...

What breathtaking trees! And your cute little boat that seems to have adopted you... I'd just leave him be. Makes for some fantastic pictures, jackie! :-)

Jackie said...

We love our cypress trees, Jan.
Thank you for your lovely comments and kind visits.

Lori E said...

I was just going to ask what kind of trees those were. Thanks.
The best way to find out who the boat belongs to is to tie it up to your dock. You will have the owners complaining at your door in no time about the theft of their boat lol. I am so cynical.
Your photos are just beautiful. What a sunset.

jack69 said...

WOW, postcard shots. the Cyprus set the boat off and the entire setting becomes a great picture. Love the entry, and the subject also. I think sometimes I am a wreck looking for a place to happen also.. LOL

Maggie May said...

You are obviously meant to keep her there!
What beautiful trees and scenery. You are so lucky to be there.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Jackie said...

Lori...good idea about tying the boat to the dock!
:))
Thank you for your kind comments.

Jackie said...

Jack...great sense of humor you have; I know that you aren't a wreck waiting for something to happen, but that made me smile!!

Jackie said...

Thank you, Maggie.
I send you and Harry love and hugs.

Lady Di Tn said...

Great photos. Since she returned it is meant for you to haul her out and make a flower bed out of her. She would be lovely with ferns. Peace

Jackie said...

A flower bed! What a great idea. Thank you, Lady Di!!

Wendy said...

What beautiful sunset photos, Jackie! Looks like you live in a lovely spot.
I guess that boat just wants to be with you.

Jackie said...

Wendy...I guess she does want to be here...and here she stays, until..
Thank you, my friend.

Craver Vii said...

I think I figured it out for you...
It was Michael who rowed the boat ashore--Hallelujah!

Jackie said...

Love this, Craver!
You are such a clever fellow!!
:))

suz said...

Love the pictures. We have some beautiful areas here in Arkansas with the cypress trees and they are great to look at. And being adopted by a boat does have advantages. It shouldn't eat too much, and probably age has tempered its wonderlust. It was just looking for a final resting home with friendly, caring folks. - Karen

Jackie said...

Love the analogy of adopting the boat. Truly a lovely thought. You are quite the writer, Karen. Thank you for sharing this with me!

Rune Eide said...

That is the spirit of much of photography - keep a watchful eye for what comes "drifting by", And you did :-)

Jackie said...

Thank you, RunE...
I enjoy photography so much!

Cindy said...

Jackie your photos are beautiful!!! :)

Jackie said...

Cindy...that means a lot coming from such a good photographer as yourself.
Thank you, my friend.