Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Work and Play

Our work truck...  

Nothing fancy....It's husband's Daddy's old truck.
It's a 1985 Ford F150 4-wheel drive.

It isn't road-worthy. We only use it on the farm as our work truck.
Blog worthy... ??

I think so, because of what husband (Granddaddy) did to it a year or more ago.
He transformed him .


His name is now "Mater."  

The Grandchildren love LOVE love him and always call him by name.
What makes him unique?

He has two front teeth....crafted by husband for the Grands.

 The teeth give him a 'distinctive' look....which can be seen from the  highway by the passersby.
Husband was concerned about that at first.
"What will people think about teeth on the front of our work truck?"

"Who cares!!" :))

Our Grandchildren love it, and that is the most important thing.


Tow Mater
Credit: Disney-pixar-cars photo



47 comments:

Parsley said...

LOVE IT! We have an old 1976 Ford truck. It still runs and works hard.

Diana said...

Ha, Ha I love it Jackie!! My husband would love an old pick-up like that, not for the grands though!
What a sweet husband you have!
Love Di

jack69 said...

YOU BET that Ford F150 is worth blogging about. It has done many a job, love the teeth. Anything for the grandkids enjoyment is worthy of mention.
Love the truck!! (Reminds me of at least two of my work trucks over the years.. I miss 'em)
Love from Wildwood!!!

Craver Vii said...

Outstanding! A couple of makeshift bucked teeth, and a little bit of driving backwards, and you've got a powerful memory builder. Those will be the stories your grandchildren pass on to the next generation.

I'm curious... what were your grandparents like? Mine-- I loved them, but they were rather stoic.

Eddie Bluelights said...

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" says a song I knew as a nipper LOL. Obviously the truck is a carnivore unless your hubby makes two sharp fangs as incisors in which case he could rename it T-Rex or Fangs LOL. The truck looks in remarkable condition to me with good tyres. The bodywork looks good too.
Smiles and hugs ~ Eddie

Jackie said...

Wow...to have an old truck that still runs and works hard is a blessing, indeed.
Hugs to you, Parsley!!
Love,
J.

Jackie said...

Di...I thought you would love this!
I agree that I have a sweet husband; he's wonderful to me and to our family.
Love you, Di.
Hugs,
J.

Jackie said...

Jack...with your love of old vehicles, I thought you might appreciate this Ford F150. :)
Hugs to you and Sherry while you are at Wildwood...and wherever your travels take you.
Enjoy...to the max!!
Hugs,
Jacie

Eddie Bluelights said...

What am I saying?? Must be drunk!! The truck is a Herbivore not a Carnivore LOL . . . unless hubby makes those fangs.

Jackie said...

I smiled at the "driving backwards" Craver. I dunno about that...the F150 is doing all she can to go forward! :))
My grandparents were old-school, Craver...and that's not a bad thing at all.
They have been deceased for a long time. I can still remember my Grandma(s) and my Granddaddy (my maternal Granddaddy.) My paternal Granddaddy died before I was born.
My Grandmas and my Granddaddy were both very conservative...loved their families...My Grandmas were were both housewives. I loved my Grandparents, dearly. I still do and look forward to seeing them in Heaven one day.
Hugs to you and your sweet family.
J.

Jackie said...

Eddie...Love that song!!
Mater is a herbivore. No need for fangs. :)
The truck's exterior condition is much better than the interior. I can see daylight through the floorboard (do you call them floorboards in England?) Anyway, the interior needs a lot of tender loving care. We're doing our best to keep Mater in good shape, however.
Smiles and hugs right back to you and to dear Maria.
I'm praying for her....always.
Hugs,
Jackie

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Every old (still working and loved) old truck is super! Especially when it's "husband's Daddy's old truck".

Love the CUSTOMIZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Auntie"
Whose husband loves a 1950 Chevy Truck with 5 windows... :-)

Jackie said...

Eddie! Drunk!! No way! :))
Mater could have been a carnivore with those teeth. They look much like mine (don't tell!) and I am considered to be an omnivore...(even though I'm leaning these days to being a vegan..)
Sending hugs your day, my sober friend.
See you at those Amethyst gates...if not before.
Hugs a bunch,
J.

Jackie said...

I agree, Auntie!!
Loving your hubby's 1950 Chevy Truck. Would love to see photos!
I love 1950's. I am one!!!
Love to you, my friend.
Jackie

Rebecca said...

What fun, Jackie! I can see why the grands love it! Is that construction happening behind it???? Your place????

Eddie Bluelights said...

Wonder when it will be possible to meet at the Amethyst Gates. The Rapture will have to occur first but there are signs that this could not be far away (in time) the way the world is going. Quite a number of us will be there - I shall be wearing a pin striped suit, carrying a newspaper, The Daily Herald. LOL. We shall be aged about 33 or look as if we are, and remain so for ever and we shall be glowing with a brilliant light. But we shall not sit around floating on clouds, eating ice cream and playing harps - we shall all have interesting work to do. Can't wait for it myself! Oh now I am down to earth again we call the floorboards just the 'floor' because it is made out of metal. We call each plank of a wooden floor a floor board.

tainterturtles said...

Ohhhh, I love the truck and the it's two front teeth....so funny Jackie!!!!!

Sally Wessely said...

I love this! What a great sense of humor your husband has.

Jackie said...

Eddie...The Rapture works for me.
Pin-striped suit. :) I smile. Carrying a newspaper...hmmm. Wondering if we will need news then. Think not. There will be no need for news any more. But, smiling at the Daily Herald comment. I can picture you in the pin-striped suit carrying the Daily Herald. Looking good.
Being 33.... That will work for me.
Interesting that you call the foot of the car a "floor"...
Love the varying terms from country to country.
Sending you another hug!
Jackie

Jackie said...

The grands do love it, Rebecca. I love it myself!!
Yes; the construction is happening at our place. Hubby loves to build, and he is adding an addition on to the back of his tractor/implement shelter. The addition is going to be used for storing our firewood. I smile as I type that. We have a LOT of firewood...only problem is that it doesn't get cold enough to use it much. I'll have to use it in the fire pit.
Thank you for asking...You have a keen eye.
Hugs to you, Rebecca
P.S. When are you and your hubby going back to Waynesville?
Hope to see you there, soon.

Jackie said...

Lisa...I thought you would like it. So cute to me!!!
Give your Mama a hug for me.
Love you,
J.

Jackie said...

Hi Sally. Yes, he has a great sense of humor (he has to...he puts up with ME!) :)
When he was working on those "teeth" I had no idea what he was doing...until after he put them on the truck. I loved it!!
Love you, Sally...
J.

Maggie May said...

Love the teeth! I often think that vehicles look as though they have faces (eyes, noses etc) but I've never seen teeth on one before!!!!!!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

DJan said...

Well, anybody coming towards that old truck would immediately know its name! I love the whole idea of personalizing your vehicles. :-)

Lady Di Tn said...

I have named all my cars (only 5) the last one was Silver Bullet and this one is named Mz Merlot No 5. I think Mater is a Grand name for a truck with teeth. Peace

Jackie said...

I've never seen one with teeth either, Maggie...until now. :))
Love you. Praying for you and for Harry.
Always,
J.

Jackie said...

I smile as I think of that, Jan. Yes, anyone driving past our house who sees the truck beside the tractor shelter will certainly know his name.
Hugs to you...and happy traveling to Florida.
Love,
J.

Jackie said...

Oh, how wonderful! Naming your cars is a great thing! So, your current ride is Mz Merlot No 5.
I hope that you enjoy every moment and mile as you travel with her.
Hugs and love to you.
Jackie

imac said...

Pure magic my dearest friend.

Jackie said...

Thank you Stewart!!

Unknown said...

Hello Jackie! I love it! Yes I am still here, kicking...and promise to keep in touch more frequently! I was such a schmuck this Christmas and didn't write any cards, or did I? I know I sent a few who's addresses I had, please forgive me if you didn't get one! I hope your Christmas was wonderful! I plan on sitting at the computer this weekend and catching up! hugs Jackie! I miss our girl talks! me

Jackie said...

Linda Lu...I'm up for our girl talks any time that you are!
So good to hear from you.
I can't wait to catch up on the latest about you and your family/Grands.
Sending you hugs and love,
Jackie

Eddie Bluelights said...

Just returning to see if the truck has sprouted some new teeth LOL
It keeps them remarkably clean LOL

Jackie said...

Hi Eddie. Welcome back.
It's funny that you mentioned that! Day before yesterday, one of our Grands asked Husband if Mater ever needed his teeth brushed. Hubby went and got a long -handled brush (like one uses to clean RVs and motor homes)....and proceeded to 'brush' Mater's teeth. He even used water with the brush. I was impressed! Needless to say, our grandchild was delighted. It was a lesson in itself: all teeth need brushing...even Mater's.
It's always good to see you and hear from you, Eddie.
Hugs,
J.

Tamara said...

Perfect, Jackie... just perfect!

Jackie said...

Thank you, dear Tamara...

Patty said...

How cute, yes I bet the grandkids do love that, two front teeth. LOL

Jackie said...

They do love him, Patty!
Sending you hugs...
J.

Eddie Bluelights said...

I managed to fix reply to comments on my blog like your's. So pleased I can now answer. Talking of teeth LOL, my best friend once played a trick on his parents when they were holidaying and staying in a hotel. His Mum and Dad both worse false teeth which they took out every night and soaked in a glass of water. He swapped them while they were asleep!! Next day his Mum said, "Hey Ron, the water here must be very hard because my false teeth don't fit very well". "You are right, dear, mine don't fit well either!" LOL

Jackie said...

Well, you know I'm going to go back over to your blog and check out your new comment feature!
Regarding the trick your best friend played on his parents.... Baaaad. Verrry bad.
OOoooooh, I wouldn't have liked that at all if I was the recipient of that joke.
Sending you smiles right back, Eddie.
I'm off to your blog again.
J.

Lew said...

Looks like it also got a bath along with its dental implants! If a farm truck stays this clean, ou really need some rain!

Jackie said...

That truck hasn't been washed in 15 years...
:)
We do need, rain, though....lots of it. Our ponds and lakes are several feet low.
The Lord will provide.
Hugs,
J.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Me again LOL

A little birdie, in the form of a Stats Meter, informs me that someone called 'Bellsouth' was cruising around my blog a while ago. I wonder who that might be ROFL.

Hoping you and the family are well. There have been a few scares here but all is now under control. I am doing a post on it. Smiles and hugs ~ Eddie

Jackie said...

Hi Me again!
I am the belle from the South. (My phone carrier is Bellsouth.)
One of our Grands is sick today...running a high fever, so I would appreciate your prayers for him. Thank you for that, Eddie. I do appreciate your prayers.
I hope that your family is doing well; I pray for good news regarding Maria and Maggie and Harry. Hugs to you, Eddie.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Sorry to hear about one of your Grands having a high fever. Hope and pray for a speedy recovery ~ Eddie

Jackie said...

Thank you, Eddie.
The fever is still with the Grandson, and the little Grandgirl (her photo was on my last blog) now has a fever. There is much sickness going around. Prayers are coveted...

Tranquility Speaks said...

That's a very cute set of pearly whites for the vintage Ford :D