Paul harrowed our garden spot March 21.
It's spring....time for that kind of thing (planting a garden) down here in south Georgia.
It's spring....time for that kind of thing (planting a garden) down here in south Georgia.
Also....the front fence needed to be cleared.
It has been a long time since that has been done. We worked two days on the frontage area clearing the brush, small trees, and weeds.
Front fence (before clearing)
Paul in the midst of clearing the fence...
Front fence after clearing
Friday, March 22
Son and Grandson drove across the field to visit us.
They were taking an afternoon ride around the farm.
They live across our pond, and it's a quick drive for them to our home on the 4-wheeler.
You can see a portion of the cleared fence in the back and to the right of the photo.
P.S. Note the gate that has no purpose. There is a fence to the right of it and none to the left.
Yes, there use to be a fence to the left. We removed it because it had deteriorated so much.
We are in the process of re-fencing.
That will be work for another day.
March 25, 2013
Three generations
Friday, March 22
Son and Grandson drove across the field to visit us.
They were taking an afternoon ride around the farm.
They live across our pond, and it's a quick drive for them to our home on the 4-wheeler.
You can see a portion of the cleared fence in the back and to the right of the photo.
P.S. Note the gate that has no purpose. There is a fence to the right of it and none to the left.
Yes, there use to be a fence to the left. We removed it because it had deteriorated so much.
We are in the process of re-fencing.
That will be work for another day.
March 25, 2013
Three generations


.jpg)



20 comments:
Your tri-generational portrait is a winner! It's a picture of the legacy of faithful men. Exceptional--I really mean it. :-)
Now, on a lighter note... Do you know that I am the kind of person who loves to come across gates like that and purposely take the time to open them, walk through, carefully closing them behind me... ESPECIALLY when they clearly are not fenced off??? It's just too much a temptation for me to pass up.
What a beautiful comment, Craver. Thank you so much! I love those guys dearly.
And regarding your 'lighter note'...that made me smile, too.
I can see you, opening the gate, walking through it, and closing it...with a twinkle in your eye. I added that note in my blog especially for you, 'cause I figured you would spy 'the gate to nowhere.' You don't miss a thing, and I mean that as a sincere compliment to you. May you, your Chrissy and your family have a blessed Easter.
Hello my sweet friend. You are not forgotten, I just have been so busy at work. I know there is no excuse for keeping in touch, but .... my blogger friends are always in my heart and in thoughts and prayers daily. I love your picture of that fresh turned dirt! My bob would probably lay down in it and make dirt angels or something! He is such a man of the earth. That is where his true roots are....in the dirt lol. Hope you are doing well! We are fine. Still kickin!
Hi Linda Lu...so good to see you and hear from you; I understand about being busy. Hugs to you! It's wonderful to keep in touch with blogging friends and I know that we are in each other's thoughts and prayers. Love my blogging friends! What a smile the dirt angel comment from you brought to me! Love that one, Linda. Thank you for bringing another smile to me.
Give kisses to your Grands for me.
Hugs to you,
J.
WOW! Setting up a market-garden to feed your whole community! That's awesome, Jackie. Hope you have lots of fun with it.
And so nice your son and grandson live close to you.
Blessings and Bear hugs!
http://bears-noting@blogspot.com
I think that picture is soooooooooooooooooooooooo precious and one you should frame. So what does your garden grow? sandie
Fantastic picture of the three generations. Looks like a huge job, but was there any fun happening in there? I suspect so. :-)
I love to see farm pictures. It takes a lot of work to keep a place up, but it can be a joy to live out in the country. I've been there and also lived in a city, now in a small town. All have their good points. And the family pictures are priceless. You are a blessed woman indeed to have them close by. My son and his family are also close by and I do enjoy that. Take care, and don't over work yourself. - Karen
Rob...we do share our garden bounties with a lot of people. We plant enough to do that.
We have much fun planning, planting, harvesting, sharing and eating!
It is wonderful to have Son and Grands living next door to us. I spoil them royally, and they do the same for me. It's a blessing.
Sending you warm hugs as you awake from your hibernation.
Nuther hug,
J.
Sandie...Thank you so much. I didn't realize that the photo of Husband, Son, and Grandson would generate so many kind comments. They are a blessing to me....more than words can say.
Regarding the garden, we are making a list. On it are the following: corn, bush beans, squash, tomatoes, peppers (bell and sweet,)okra, and we are debating whether to plant peas. We don't usually plant peas, but I'm leaning toward doing that this year.
Lovely to see you here, my friend.
Hugs and smiles to you,
Jackie
I like the three generations shot, Grandpa is such a sortie. LOL.
That garden looks great, but I can only imagine the work that went into making that fence area look that good!
But yes, itis time to start clearing and digging in the dirt, if you home doesn't have wheels. hahahaha
Great entry, love the pictures...
Jan...The fence clearing was a major job; it was larger than we anticipated, but once we got into it, there was no turning back. A drawback to the project is that we live on a very busy highway. Cars and trucks were going by constantly. They (drivers) would honk and wave (most of the people knew us, probably, but we were too busy to turn and look. We'd just throw up our hands and wave and keep on working.) The incline we were working on was so steep and high, and I kept slipping sliding and falling as I was raking up the debris, and that was embarrassing to do in front of all that traffic! Vanity. Sheesh! But, I think that kept me from quitting.
We did have a lot of fun, and the end result was well worth the sweat and pain (and there was much pain...)
Sending the best wishes for the recovery of your sister, my friend.
Love,
Jackie
Karen...since you have lived on a farm, you understand and know, my friend.
The smell of dirt...the feel of it...just can't be explained unless one has worked in it.
Yes, urban and rural living both have their good points. I agree with you completely.
I am blessed to have our family living here near us. Our son and his family live next door, and our daughter and her family live only about 3 miles from here. We are blessed.
It is wonderful to see you, and you know that I love to go to your blog and read your writings. You are a wise woman....and you can write!
Love to you,
Jackie
Jack...you know that I've been sniffing and sneezing ever since Paul and I worked on that fence!
And, Sherry can carry a garden with her in your home on wheels. I am thinking about planting some tomatoes in a large container and sit it outside my back door...just so I don't have to walk all the way to the garden to get tomatoes this summer (lazy, aren't I?)..so, Sherry or you could keep a container with you, plant the seed/seedling in it, and have your produce "to go." How's that.
Always good to see you here. Enjoy S.C. I look forward to hearing all about your days spent on the road.
Hugs to you,
J.
guess all of that hard works pays off!! and it must be hard work!
the photo of the 3 generations is wonderful!!! how lucky they are to have each other.....
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
Always happy to make a new blogging friend; I hope that you are having a lovely week.
Thank you for your visit to my blog.
Yes, it was hard work clearing the fence, but it did pay off. There is more work to do, however. :)
Thank you for the kind comment about Husband, Son, and Grandson. They are wonderful guys in my life.
Thank you again for your visit and comments.
Hugs and big smiles to you,
Jackie
Precious 3 generations photo!
I love all your photos, which you show in a lovely LARGE way, right in your post. Oh how I wish all bloggers, would do the same. -moan-
Super idea, to take BEfore, During, and After pics, of the cleaning up along the fence. I love those pics! They really showwwwwwwwwwwwww, the work done!!!!!!!
Gentle hugs,
"Auntie"
Thank you, Auntie...I hope my photos aren't too large. I've never thought about them being large, and I hope that you have enjoyed looking at each of them.
I need to do a better job of the before, during, and after photos. I find that I'm not at the same spot taking the photo, and I could do better in that regard.
Hugs right back to you, my friend.
May your Easter be a blessed one.
Love,
J.
Its lovely to see three generations working together on the farm!
Lots of Luv
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Hello dear Maggie...We bought the plants for the garden today; we will get the seed(s) tomorrow. It's time to get the veggies in the ground!
Always lovely to see you here. Sending you and Harry hugs and love.
Jackie
Post a Comment