We have been working on the farm this week (every week, actually.)
There is much to do...always.
The field has to be mowed, and before doing that, Paul has to cut pine boughs and then we load them on a flatbed trailer and haul them to the brush pile. Some of the boughs are so low that if they aren't cut, the tractor won't go under the trees.
I took a photo of Paul bush hogging the field on Monday. When I looked at the photo on my computer, I thought that the tractor looked like a toy.
There is much to do...always.
The field has to be mowed, and before doing that, Paul has to cut pine boughs and then we load them on a flatbed trailer and haul them to the brush pile. Some of the boughs are so low that if they aren't cut, the tractor won't go under the trees.
I took a photo of Paul bush hogging the field on Monday. When I looked at the photo on my computer, I thought that the tractor looked like a toy.
As I was taking this photo, I was standing in our yard leaning on the rusty old barbed-wire fence.
I thought about how long ago it was that we put up this fence. It used to be the perimeter of our yard, and the fencing has all but disintegrated now.
We worked hard putting it up 25 years ago.
We need to replace the posts and the fence...another project for another day (week.)
I thought about how long ago it was that we put up this fence. It used to be the perimeter of our yard, and the fencing has all but disintegrated now.
We worked hard putting it up 25 years ago.
We need to replace the posts and the fence...another project for another day (week.)
I looked at a photo of the field and sky that I took and noticed a toy plane flying overhead.
I cropped, enlarged, and saturated the sky so that you could find the plane. Otherwise, it is washed out in the whiteness of the clouds.
I have a hard time finding it in the photo above...but knowing where it is in relation to the cloud formation (and the black spec)...I can see it.
It's like a hidden picture...(I used to love those in Highlights magazines...remember?)
I have a hard time finding it in the photo above...but knowing where it is in relation to the cloud formation (and the black spec)...I can see it.
It's like a hidden picture...(I used to love those in Highlights magazines...remember?)
The black spec flying above and to the left of the jet???
We call that a buzzard here in the South.
We call that a buzzard here in the South.
And, finally....this has absolutely nothing to do with this blog, but it's my blog so I can jump all over the place if I want to... the hummingbirds have returned!! I put my feeders back out on the first day of March (Mama told me the hummingbirds would be returning the first of the month)...and a tired and thirsty traveler was feeding at the feeder this morning.
So good to see him!
A photo of him would be nice at this point...but I don't have one.
Yet...
So good to see him!
A photo of him would be nice at this point...but I don't have one.
Yet...
Hoping that you have a beautiful weekend.
Love,
Jackie



32 comments:
Ah, always work. Yes I missed the plane at first. And that is a big field. Lots of work with land. And it seems to never end. Our last little section of land we own is now under contract. And we will no longer be open land holders. It was fun when we were stationary, but now? time is not on our side.
I know it is work, and it is also satisfying. I can about smell the mowing.
((HUGS))..
Love sent from down the Interstate.
So glad to hear the hummers are back! The plane wasn't visible to me until I looked at the cropped picture. I hope YOU have a wonderful weekend, too, Jackie. :-)
What marvelous wide photos, you can take!!!! Simply beautiful and almost panoramic. :-)
Those *wee little things,* in the *vastness* of the rest of the photo...... An illustration of how we each look-at-things, from our own perspective... Perhaps?
"Auntie"
Good morning. I enjoyed the trip down memory lane, for at one time we also lived on a farm. Lots of work, as you say, but still a lot of satisfaction as well. Thanks for sharing. - Karen
I guess I did not know you lived on a farm farm. It is gorgeous. How pretty everything looks and so serene. What a glorious site to wake up and see. sadnie
I missed the plane too. At first I thought Jackie has been outside too long and she's seeing things...but then I found it. It sure is small. I love the photo of the field and tractor. Beautiful view from where you took it and the trees look so nice and green. Looking forward to seeing the Hummingbird. Hope you're having an awesome Saturday Jackie. Say hi to your Mama for me.
Hugs,
Cindy
P.S. Charlie and Annie send pooch smooches.
I love the weathered look of the old fence posts. That will be a big job for sure.
Yours is the second reference to hummingbirds I have come across this morning. Makes me think of summer.
Love and hugs received.
Looking forward to you and Sherry stopping by on one of your road trips through here.
Hugs to you both,
J.
I am looking forward to each little hummingbird's return, Jan.
Thank you for your visits here. Sending you hugs, my friend....
J.
Through the lens of the camera, things looks smaller.
I love to see what I can find after I've taken the shot.
Thank you for the kind comments and for your visits.
Sending you love, Auntie...
J.
Good morning, Karen. I hope that you are having a lovely Saturday.
Living on a farm has enormous advantages...and lots of memories equated with farm life.
The work brings great satisfaction.
My pleasure to share with you, my friend.
Love,
J.
Smooches right back to Charlie and Annie. I hope that they are well.
I smiled at the "been outside too long" comment. Yep...sometimes, I think I'm guilty of that, too!!
I do hope the hummingbirds will cooperate and I can get decent shots of them this year.
Mama has so many hummers that they hit you in the head when you walk through her patio. I don't have that many.
I had 3 last year. I'm hoping for more this year.
Sending you hugs, Cindy.
Love,
J.
I love the look of those posts, too, Lori. Interesting, what we like. I also like rusty fences and barns...
Putting up a new fence will be hard; we hope to get started before it gets too hot here.
Thank you for your visits and kind comments.
Hugs to you,
Jackie
Sandie...I have always lived on a farm (well, except for the first 3 years of my life...I lived in a big city (Jacksonville, Florida)...but I don't remember much of that at all. Farm life is all I've known, actually.
I love the peacefulness of farm living.
Hugs to you, my friend.
Jackie
Hummingbirds already. How wonderful. Prince loves to be out on the tractor running the bush hog so it seems Mr. Paul and Prince have a few things in common. Oh my did you say hidden pictures in Highlights, I have not thought of that magazine in YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS. Peace
Your Prince sounds like he fits his title.. :)
And, my memories of Highlights go back to visits to the pediatrician's office. His office was always loaded with those.
Funny how memories are triggered by sights, sounds and smells.
I look forward to the cute hummingbirds again this year; it's always a pleasure to watch them feed.
Sending you hugs, my friend...
J.
Your photos that you modified to show the small plane are really interesting. Yes, they are like hidden pictures.
I can't believe you have hummingbirds already. I am just beginning to hear the robins, but I haven't seen one yet.
Sally...I'm seeing a lot of robins still. Mama tells me that means that we are going to have more cold weather.
They are everywhere...and are so pretty.
The hummingbird didn't come back today. I'm thinking that perhaps it was a scout. What do you think?
Hugs and smiles to you, my friend.
Jackie
Thanks for your visits, sorry it has taken me so long to get around. This morning it is chilly and damp. It rained all night and is still sprinkling some. Better then snow. We don't get any hummingbirds till around the first of May. I love to watch them, they are so tiny and fast. Have a great week.
That is an interesting buzzard and plane!
We are having light snow again and very, very cold winds.
Love Maggie xxxxx
Patty...so glad you could visit. Always so good to see you.
I thank you for the smiles and laughter you give to me when I visit your blog. Every day needs to be filled with both.
Have a beautiful week, yourself, my friend.
Love,
J.
I continue to pray for you and your dear family.
You are very special to me, Maggie.
I hope that it warms up and dries out soon in your area of England.
Take care and know that I'm thinking of you.
Love,
Jackie
Oh, look at all that sky!
I cannot wait for spring...
Pearl
It's just around the corner, Pearl.
I can't wait for it myself!!
Hugs,
J.
Golly Jackie! Your eyes are really good - I thought the black spot was one of my floaters and not a buzzard! Come to think of it I wish my floaters would 'buzz off' LOL. I could not even see the jet on the first photo. Looking forward to seeing the hummingbirds.
The weather here is terrible!! A cold and most uninviting Arctic Wind - freezing to the bones!.
Agree the tractor looks like a toy.
Hugs ~ Eddie
Eddie...I have floaters, too. Must be something that the young-at-heart have. Whaddya think? :)
I read on Maggie's blog that the weather there was terrible. Sending warm thoughts and wishing that things would warm up and dry out for all of you. I know that it's been a rough winter for you all.
So glad to see you here; always a pleasure.
I hope that your family is doing well. Sending all of you special hugs, my friend.
Jackie
Definitely the you at heart!! Stat's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL
Hugs!!
At that distance, it's nice how jets quietly make their way across the horizon. Pleasantly stealthy and unobtrusive. I have friends who live near O'Hare Airport in Chicago. When we had picnics in their backyard, everything would be going along just fine, and then suddenly we'd hear a roar of a plane, look up and see this massive and impressive thing in the sky --not too far away from us. At first, I loved it!! This was so impressive! But then I got to thinking... this family has that every day and at all hours. It's so loud that if you're talking, you just have to stop and wait for the thunderous rumble to pass. Nah... I prefer the muted grain of rice, floating across an azure sea.
I agree with you, Craver. I prefer peace...quiet...serenity.
Thankfully, the noise from this jet was less apparent than the jet itself. Couldn't hear it.
Hugs,
J.
No slacking on puter git an start fencing lol, great pics and post my friend.lol
Stewart.... How are you and Julie, my friend.
I have been lazy lately. No fencing for me right now....
But that will happen soon.
Hugs to you both.
J.
Post a Comment