Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mama and Daddy in North Carolina



(taken with my cellphone)

Many of you have been asking about Mama and Daddy, and I wanted to post a photo I took of them when we were vacationing together last week.  If you have followed me for long, you know that Mama's health hasn't been good for a while (congestive heart failure) and this past August and September, we almost lost her. She was hospitalized for 10 days both months.

She follows her cardiologist's orders to the letter. Her sodium intake is exactly what her doctor tells her she can have. Her will to live combined with the fact that she does what the doctor tells her to do have enabled her to not only live but to live with happiness and an eager desire to be with her family here (Florida/South Georgia) and when we travel to our home in North Carolina.

I took this photo of Daddy and Mama on April 11.
Mama weighs 85 pounds;  I think she looks beautiful.

Daddy was born in August of 1926, and Mama was born in September of 1931.
We plan on being together for years and years to come.
That's the attitude we have.




21 comments:

tainterturtles said...

This is a wonderful picture Jackie. I'm so glad you all could spend time together at your North Carolina home. The mountains look beautiful.

jack69 said...

What a lovely couple. Love thru the years has been good to them. Yes mama is a beautiful litle lady. Some folks can and will follow DR. orders to the T.
What a restful view for them, and you guys too. Love the NC mountains... ((HUGS))

Rob-bear said...

Your parents look like a great couple. And you've told us wonderful things about them. Thanks for this update.

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting

Parsley said...

Family is a blessing and I am so glad you still have them with you.

suz said...

What a lovely couple. I'm so glad you have your parents with you. The picture is beautiful, and I sure you all had a great time. With her wonderful attitude, you should still have some good times ahead of you. Take care, friend. - Kaen

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

First thing I thought... Mamma is looking wonderful!!!

So happy that she follows doctor's 'orders'. With the plan to keep living well, as long as she possibly can. Hugs to her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gail said...

HI JACKIE - oh my, what a beautiful picture - the view is breath taking and your Mama and Daddy are evn more beautiful. I love your and their outlook and determination and decision to olive fully and happily. Amen.
Love to you all
Gail
peace.....

Patty said...

What a wonderful photo of your parents. They both look in good health. I was born in Oct. 1936, so that means you Mother is 5 years older then myself. I know a lot can change in five years, at least it seems to have with Abe and myself. But I keep telling him, if we're able to get out of bed and stand upright, and our names aren't in the obit column, then we're doing pretty good. LOL

Cindy said...

Jackie, that is a fantastic photo of your parents. They look happy and your Mama looks wonderful. I'm glad she's doing well. The view from your NC home is breathtaking.

Hugs,
Cindy

Chatty Crone said...

Your mama and daddy look wonderful! sandie

Craver Vii said...

We can only assume that they're top notch people, based on the daughter they raised!

Hey, guess what... this photo has some excellent composition to it. Everything about the composition says that Mama is intended to be the focal point. Nice, shootin', Tex! ...Especially considering it was with your Derringer.

Maggie May said...

They are remarkable people..... especially Mama.
Lots of love Maggie x

Nuts in May

Lew said...

Your Mom and Dad are looking good! Here's to many more years for them. And I love their view of the Carolina mountains. Thanks for your comment on rain and yes the leaves are rhododendron. They should be blooming in late May.

Pearl said...

Very nice. They look like lovely people.

Pearl

Suldog said...

Two very lovely people. May God bless them and allow them all He has to offer.

Hilary said...

Your parents are a lovely looking couple. May they have many, many more years together.

Thank you for your kind words when visiting my blog today. That was very nice of you and much appreciated. :)

Rebecca said...

Well, between "that attitude" and that ALTITUDE I know you're enjoying every day that you have each other :)

We are home again after some very lovely days in N.C. Just wish we could figure out a way to afford living there. (You don't need year 'roud caretakers for your mountain place, do you? My husband is a great handyman!)

Angie at Home said...

Oh my gosh, a breathtaking view. I want to see North Carolina some day... especially around the ocean.

I'm glad your Mom is following the doctor's orders. I need to do that myself.

Great photo of your parents. :)

Lady Di Tn said...

Very wonderful photo with vacation memories. Enjoy each day with them and I love their attitude. Peace

Julie said...

Such a beautiful photograph of your Mama and Daddy. May they and you have many more years together. xxx

Lori E said...

You are so lucky to have your parents still. I hope you continue to have them both for years to come. I had lost both my parents in my 20s. So lucky for me I have a wonderful mother-in-law.