Thursday, May 2, 2013

Say Cheese (and Pepperoni)

Grandson (Garrett - four years old) spent the night with us on Wednesday.
I asked him if he had ever made a homemade pizza, and his eyes lit up!
"No, Ma'am!  Could we??"

Pictures speak a thousand words. 
(Yes, I had a royal mess...but the joy of watching him overcame any mess.)

He loves pepperoni on his pizza; Granddaddy likes hamburger on his pizza, and Nana wanted veggies only...so, he prepared it just the way we like it.













"Grandchildren...One of the greatest gifts your heart will ever know."
(author unknown)




45 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! That's some pizza! I see a chef in the making :-)

Jackie said...

I agree, Julie! :))

Hilary said...

He is the cutest little master chef I've ever seen. What a fun series of photos, Jackie. I'm SO ready for grandkidlets even if my sons aren't ready to provide them. :)

Rob-bear said...

Talented youngster. He won't ever go hungry if he has flour, water, and cheese. And some pepperoni (or something like that).

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

jack69 said...

WOW what a joy and a memory that will live forever. Nothing like a mannerly child, 'Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am', I love it. That is the way I was raised and the way our sons were raised.(But something fell thru the cracks later (lol))

I'll take the veggie part. LOVE IT, great entry!

Jackie said...

Thank you, Hilary. He had a large time!!!
Can't wait for you to experience the Grandlove, my friend. I was older when I became a Nana, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Thank you for your sweet visits.

Jackie said...

Flour, water, cheese (yeast) and pepperoni...and he is a happy camper.
I smiled, Bear....
Thank you for bringing another smile to me today.

Jackie said...

I thought the same thing, Jack...the memory will last for always...for him and for me.
And the manners...the "Yes, Ma'am and No Ma'am..." those come naturally for the Grands, and it has to do with the way they are raised...and being in the South, it is a part of their vocabulary. Thank you for the compliments regarding my Grands... I love them dearly.
So good to see you...always.

Unknown said...

He did a good job making the pizza. Looks yummy!

tainterturtles said...

How sweet Jackie. I love the pictures.

suz said...

And that's why they love to go to the Grands. Because we don't have them all the time we can more easily overlook the mess and just enjoy the time for itself and for the memories we know are in the making. Brings back memories of my own and I thank you for that. - Karen

Lady Di Tn said...

A great set of photos but the best part was "MAKING MEMORIES". You are a good Grandma. My favorite was his intense look as he spread the sauce. Peace

Cindy said...

Awww so sweet. Looks like he did a fantastic job and it looks delicious. Garrett, I like mine with pepperoni too.

Anonymous said...

I would guess he got nothing but praise for making a delicious pizza.

Maggie May said...

That was a great pizza and the concentration on that little one's face showed how much he enjoyed the making of it!
We must make the most of our grandchildren, while they still want to come!
Lots of luv, Maggie x

Nuts in May

DJan said...

What great pictures! He is quite a fine young man, Jackie. You are so fortunate to have him around to cook for you, too! He's really adorable. (Don't tell him I said so.) :-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh this is the cutest thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he did very, very well. He did much better than I did, when I tried to make Pizza at home! And you can tell him that, please. He beats "Auntie," on Pizza making!!! :-)

A lovely, lovely post! Chuck full of memories. Thank you for sharing them, with us!!!

"Auntie"

Jackie said...

Thank you, Linda.
It was yummy! He even had leftovers to take home with him.
Hugs,
J.

Jackie said...

Hello my friend. Hoping that the snow leaves your area soon, even though I find it incredibly beautiful. Thank you for coming here and visiting me. I am always happy to see you.

Jackie said...

I agree with you 100%, Karen. We can enjoy them (Grands) and then relish in the fact that we have made wonderful memories. How wonderful is that!!

Jackie said...

My daughter-in-law and I commented on the same photo to which you are referring. The intensity in his face is priceless. Thank you for your sweet compliments. I love being a Nana.

Jackie said...

So you are a pepperoni pizza girl, are you?
:)) I hope that you are having a good week. You know that I'm thinking of you. Sending you smiles and hugs.

Jackie said...

Abe, you KNOW that he received praise, praise, and more praise. It's what I love to shower on him and all my Grands. Thank you for your kind visits.

Jackie said...

My friend...I cannot imagine the time that I wouldn't have my Grands. It's something that I wouldn't even want to begin to think about. I love the love, and I know that you experience the same feeling. Sending you and Harry much love from me to you both...

Jackie said...

Jan...thank you for your sweet visits and always kind comments. I enjoy visiting you and look forward to each time you spend here.
Yes, he is a fine young man. He wouldn't mind knowing that you find him adorable. He's four. When he gets older, he might not think that's "cool" but right now...it's perfect!! I'll share it with him.
Hugs to you!

Jackie said...

I'm not an expert pizza maker, myself. I find it fun to work with the dough and to make the pizza yummy....that's the extent of it for me. He did a great job. Thank you for your sweet visits.

Chatty Crone said...

Okay - cheese and pepperoni - and what a cutie pie!

Jackie said...

Thank you! We think so too!!

Rune Eide said...

Yes, you have to start early to become a good chef!

Jackie said...

He had such a good time doing this!

Sally Wessely said...

This post truly brought a smile to my face. I loved the look of concentration on your dear grandson's face. I'd like a piece of that good looking pizza. What fun.

Jackie said...

Sally, I'm so glad that this made you smile! The photo of him spreading the sauce with the spoon made me smile, especially. He is giving it all his attention, isn't he!
Fun, indeed...and if you had been here, I assure you, we would have shared a slice with you.
Love,
J.

Patty said...

Looks like he did a fantastic job, how did it taste? We had pizza yesterday, but it was from Pizza Hut. LOL This Grandma is lazy. We also got some of the Pepperoni roll up, I think I like them better then pizza. Yes Grandchildren can be a joy.

Jackie said...

Patty. It was delish!
I haven't tried pepperoni roll up. Gonna have to try it.
Love being a Grandmother just like I know that you do.
Hugs to you,
J.

Craver Vii said...

Way to go, Garrett! That looks SO yummy! Atsa-nice! I'm not allowed to make pizzas, because everyone's afraid I'll get carried away while hand-tossing them. Heh, heh, heh. Hmmm, now let's see... do you spin those babies in the air before or after adding the sauce? ;-)

Jackie said...

A bit of Italian accent going on here, my friend.
Love it!
Regarding hand tossing that crust...
Me: before the sauce.
You: after the sauce.
Send me your 'after' photos.
Thank you for another smile. You are so good about sharing yours.

Parsley said...

Awww! So fun! I love family memory making.

Jackie said...

Parsley...me too! It warms my heart beyond words.
I hope that you are having a lovely week.
Sending smiles to you!!
Hugs,
J.

momto8 said...

I would have never understood how much this means until 2 weeks ago, when our first grandchild was born....I hope I can make pizza like that with him!!!!

Lori E said...

That looks like a ton of fun with a great reward at the end and I don't just mean the pizza.

Jackie said...

Annmarie...I understand completely. Until I became a Nana, I had no idea how wonderful it really was. I had heard about it from those who had Grandchildren, but until my Grandchildren were born, I really didn't know or understand the love involved. It is one of the deepest and heartfelt loves ever.
Thank you for your visit and your sweet comments.
Hugs to you and wishing blessings and love for you and your Grandchild.
Love,
J.

Jackie said...

Lori...I know what you mean. How sweet you are.
The reward at the end is what I am still carrying with me in my heart.
Love to you, my friend....
J.

imac said...

Fantastic, enjoyment in the making and eating,lolo

Jackie said...

Stewart... Absolutely!! Fantastic in the making (for him and for me...)and we enjoyed eating the pizza as well. I hope that you and Julie are doing well. Sending you both hugs.
Always,
J.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh that looks delicious! Good job!