Tuesday, August 27, 2013



The sea once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
~Jacques Cousteau~

36 comments:

jack69 said...

Oh yes and Jacques Cousteau is so right. I also used to love the guy on 'undersea' or what ever the name was. There is nothing like the quietness of the sea at it's depths or on the surface hearing the waves and trying to absorb the vastness of it.
Thanks for a beautiful picture that conjures up memories unlimited.

Unknown said...

For those that love the ocean, it does cast a spell of sorts.....for me, it is mountains! lol Have a happy Tuesday my friend.

Lori E said...

Isn't that beautiful. I can understand how in the very early years people thought the earth was flat lol. I can hear the waves slow slapping of the shore... now that the kids are back in school.

Jackie said...

Was it Lloyd Bridges? I loved to watch his show!
Sea Hunt....
Hugs to you, Jack.

Jackie said...

The mountains do the same for me, Linda. We will be in the mountains very soon; the ocean and the mountains both call my name.

Jackie said...

I agree, Lori. And looking at the ocean from the shore, the horizon looks perfectly level.
The sounds of the waves, the sea gulls....ahhhh....such peace overcomes me.

Jinksy said...

How beautiful is that? Thanks. :)

Vicky said...

So true- such a great quote- one that leaves you thinking about it. Oh how I love the ocean and the sun and the clouds and how you capture them in all their raw beauty. Thanks for brightening my day! Much love to you :)

Craver Vii said...

Do you know how much of a landlubber I am? While I appreciate its beauty from afar, the vastness and unknowns of the sea shake me to the core. It's like I get panic attacks or something. I need more of a sense of safety or security. This is a remarkable photograph, and as long as I can watch Jaques on TV from the safety and comfort of my own home, I can enjoy looking at the sea's treasures.

Jackie said...

Do you enjoy going to the coast, Craver?
Just wondering; I'm not much on going "out to sea." I have done it, but I would much rather walk with my toes in the sand on the edge of it.
I'm glad that you like the photo, my friend.
I enjoy watching the programs that Jacques Cousteau hosted. I learned much from him.
Hugs to you,
J.

Jackie said...

My pleasure to share the beauty that I see around me, Jimksy.
Love to you,
J.

Jackie said...

Vicky...your love of the ocean and the sun is shared with me.
Thank you for your sweet visits. I am always happy to see that you have been here.
Love you much...
Jackie

Craver Vii said...

I do not get much opportunity to get to the coast from the Chicago area, but I didn't have a problem flying over the Pacific to visit Southeast Asia.

Jackie said...

When/if you come to Florida, let me know. We would love to introduce you to the powdered sugar sand of our beaches. Always lovely to see you here.
(Flying over the Pacific sounds lovely...!!)

SandyCarlson said...

Indeed! Very beautiful.

Jackie said...

Thank you so much, Sandy.
I appreciate your comments and always glad to have you visit here.
Hugs,
Jackie

Tamara said...

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. S.I.M.P.L.Y. P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E.L.Y.

Parsley said...

Just of hint of 'Heaven' on earth. So beautiful.

Jackie said...

I love your profile photo, Tamara. Lovely lady you are...inside and out.
Wishing you all the best in your retirement.
Love you,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Parsley...Yes! And I can only imagine how beautiful heaven is.
Thank you, my friend.
Love,
Jackie

Lady Di Tn said...

Wow what a gorgeous picture and the quote is very appropriate. Peace

imac said...

Wot a shot, well done.

Jackie said...

Lady Di...Thank you so much.
I hope that you are having a lovely week.
I feel fall in the air here. Yea!!!

Jackie said...

You are too kind, my good friend.
I hope to be half as good as you are with the camera one day.
Hugs,
J.

Patty said...

What a lovely photo. By the way, my bruises are starting to move down to the front of the neck. Still have a lump at the right side of the head, in the back, the size of a hen egg. I consider myself very lucky.

Jackie said...

I have been very worried about you, Patty.
Continued rest for you, please.
Know that I prayed for you when I read what had happened.
You are a sweet friend. Warm hugs surround you from me.
Love,
Jackie

LilliStJohn said...

The Bay of Fundy does the same for me - whether calm or stormy, it gently treds on my heart and mind in all seasons and weather. Most beautiful photo :)

Lew said...

Especially with sunsets like that one!

Jackie said...

Saucy...I looked up the Bay of Fundy, and it is indeed a beautiful place. I can understand your love of it. Thank you, again, for your visits and your comments. They make my heart smile. It is always lovely to make new friends.
Hugs,
Jackie

Jackie said...

God does paint some beautiful skies, doesn't He Lew!
How wonderful to see you here. I've missed you, and I hope that you are doing well.
Sending you smiles....
Always,
Jackie

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jackie: I do love ocean views, you know how I enjoy the water.

suz said...

Great photo. You see the level horizon, except for the small dip where the sun has dipped its head beneath the waters and momentarily sucked the water down with it. Beautiful. - Karen

Jackie said...

Tom...I know that you love the water too!
So good to hear from you. Love the photos you have on your blog this week. You know how I love our veterans. Great job!
Sending you smiles,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Karen...I noticed the "dip" in the horizon, too. Wonderful how light can affect what we 'see' isn't it! Thank you, my friend for your lovely comments, for your visits here, and most of all for your friendship.
Love,
Jackie

Rune Eide said...

The sea of Calm - perfect!

Jackie said...

RuneE...Thank you.
It is interesting to watch the tides...coming and going.
This happened to be a calm morning. I loved every aspect of it.