Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wonders

We have been gone for a while and are back (briefly)...as we will be headed out again soon, but I wanted to post a few photos that I took of Mama and Daddy and the view we love so much in Western North Carolina.





We left the hot and humid temperatures of the flat lands (aka Atlantic Coastal Plains) of North Florida/South Georgia and headed for the mountains.

These are the views that Mama and Daddy see as they sit on our deck....views that are
lovely beyond words.


Cold Mountain is the largest peak (to the right) in the photo above

Cold Mountain is surrounded by clouds

We saw all kinds of wonders in our yard there that we don't see here in South Georgia and North Florida: (bear scat... a northern ringneck snake...and chipmunks.)

And...Mama and Daddy did something that they have never done in their lives.
Reminder: Daddy is 87 and Mama is 82.

I took photos of the event.
I will share soon.

Promise!

Hugs,
Jackie
 

20 comments:

LilliStJohn said...

OOOH Jackie - lovely photos of your Mama n Daddy - they look just so sweet and holding hands - that is precious - I love the view as well - looking forward to this story in anticipation. Have a wonderful day :)

suz said...

And you leave us with a cliff hanger!! Can't wait to see what they have been up to. Good pictures and I'm glad you were able to get away for a nice change of pace. I wouldn't mind sitting on that deck myself, to see the mountains and all that is around. Looks very relaxing. - Karen

DJan said...

What a sweet photo of the two of them, Jackie. And their hands? I just love it! :-)

Unknown said...

There is just nothing as pretty as those N. C. mountains.

Rune Eide said...

You seem to have very nice parents - and they have a view to match!

Linda said...

Hi Jackie! What lovely photos! You have been missed. Blessings

Sparky said...

You have a nice looking family. That area of Western NC is lovely. Thanks for sharing the pic! Hope y'all are having a fun visit. Drive safe.
~:)

Lady Di Tn said...

Beautiful. I love seeing older couples holding hands. Makes you feel warm and fuzzy to know that love last. Peace

Craver Vii said...

It's nice to see them holding hands, but may I tell you a secret? When Chrissy takes my hand in public, she sometimes squeezes real hard or even pinches me in an attempt to curb my clowning around. I used to keep that stuff private, but these days, I'll go ahead and howl as if she put me through real agony.

jack69 said...

Ah you are so blessed and you know it. Daddy & mama are beautiful sitting there enjoying the sights of the Pisgah's. Love those mountains. Sherry and I hiked the smoky mounains once.
Okay, I am waiting for Daddy nd mom's adventure!!!!

Love you and a beautiful post...

tainterturtles said...

Your mom and dad look lovely. What a special couple. Glad you could spend time in N.C.

Anonymous said...

Patty and I have been through them two or three times and that whole area is worth visiting.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. The photos are just great. Their surroundings are really wowzeee! What a place to sit and sip on coffee soup.

Patty said...

Beautiful photos, including your Mother and Father. They both are looking good for their age. Have fun in the next part of your vacation.

Rob-bear said...

Delightful photos! Waiting to hear the rest of the story.

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Anvilcloud said...

My goodness: for that to be one's default view is incredible.

Vicky said...

Can't wait to see and read all about it Jackie! I thought of you often on my little excursion down South :) Love seeing these beautiful photos- lots of love to Mama and Papa from me!

Teresa said...

Beautiful...I love the pic of your mom and dad holding hands.

SandyCarlson said...

Your parents have the light of love in their eyes! What a landscape! So beautiful and lush. I will await your next post with anticipation!

A Cuban In London said...

That second photo, top to bottom, deserves to be put in a frame. Beautiful. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.