Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Beautiful Hay Day

My husband is the best Granddaddy.
These bales of hay are for something else, but I saw Paul unload them from the back of his truck and move them to our backyard today so that the Grands could play on them. 
They eventually turned the bales of hay into a playhouse, and they had so much fun.

Of course, I made a run into the house for the camera
(and my garden gloves for the little ones so they could 'help' move the hay.)

The walls are up and the door is open.
Time to make a tunnel in the back for a quick escape.

Perfect tunnel, Granddaddy!

I love to see these smiles.


What a beautiful spring day with Paul and the Grandchildren.

64 comments:

Hilary said...

What a perfect way to spend a spring day.. out in the sunshine with people you love. Great photos, Jackie. :)

Billie Jo said...

This is lovely!!!
How very fun for those adorable little ones...
And your photos are beautiful!
Have a cozy evening! : )

Chatty Crone said...

Awe he is a great grand dad - so is my husband. And your grand kids are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What precious photos of the grandchildren. I remember as a child on the school playground making "houses" with pinestraw. This brings back good memories. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie said...

Thank you, Hilary. It was a lovely day. It had been raining for a couple of days here, so we were glad to see the sunshine....and enjoy getting outside to play!

Jackie said...

Oh thank you, Billie Jo. I love looking at your family photos on your blog. Beautiful family, you have!
And you are a fantastic photographer!
Smiles sent your way from here in South Georgia!

Jackie said...

Hi Sandie! Isn't it wonderful to have a loving husband who is a wonderful Granddaddy. I can't express it enough in words as to the pride I feel when I see them together. I'm so glad that your husband is the same way.
Always lovely to see you here.Thank you so much for your visits and your kind comments....always.

Jackie said...

Hi Mildred. I see that you've had some of the same rain that we've had in the southern portion of "The Empire State." Georgia has been wet the last few days. I look forward to warmer and drier days.
And....I remember soooooo well making those pine-straw-houses, too! Wonderful memories that we share.
Warm hugs to you,
J.

tainterturtles said...

Wonderful pictures Jackie, and happy spring to you! Eight more weeks and we'll have spring here in Wisconsin.

jack69 said...

What a great thought. Nothing like a smart fellow to add fuel for creative minds. For a kid, nothing quite reaches the thrill of a cave or crawl space.
YOu and the camera are good friends. The kids are beautiful. Memories like that live forever.

SWEET, Jack from Wildwood...

Jackie said...

Lisa....I guess that means your lake of ice will be gone. (Lip poking out, here...)
I am always fascinated that such a huge lake can freeze over....you can walk and ride on it....even camp out on it.
Such a fascinating thing to me (who lives here in the South where it hardly ever EVER even snows, much less ices over.
Thank you for stopping by. Here's hoping that your spring is the most beautiful yet!

Jackie said...

Jack....I hope that you and Sherry are having a wonderful time in your lovely Wildwood, Florida.
I know that you are spreading happiness and cheer wherever you are. You can't help that. That's just the way you are.
Thank you for the sweet comment about my photography.
Yes....my hubby is a smart fellow...and my Grands are certainly creative. I love to watch them play.
Hugs to you and your family!

NanaDiana said...

What beautiful children, Jackie. I love that last picture where she is hugging her granddad's leg...as if she will never let go. There is so much love in that sweet hug, isn't there? Blessings- xo Diana

LilliStJohn said...

Those photos just brought a smile to my face. We used to do the same thing as kids at the farm, but playing in the hayloft was the most fun. You and Grandpa are just way too much fun.

DJan said...

Wonderful pictures. That last one grabbed my heart and squeezed it hard, with all the love I see in it. Thanks for sharing these with me! :-)

Linda said...

Awe..how wonderful!!! Your grandchildren are just lovely. Blessings

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures and I love seeing children playing outside.

Anvilcloud said...

What fun! A memory is made.

Tamara said...

What wonderful memories you and Jack are making for your Grands!

Stephanie said...

Oh how fun! What a sweet granddaddy to spend time with his grandchildren - those are memories that will last a lifetime :) Hugs to you, sweet Jackie!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Gorgeous Grands! Kids can have great fun with the most mundane things. Glad you were there to capture their enjoyment.

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your new Grandbaby! What a blessing they are.
I love the love that they give and receive.
There is sweet love in that last photo.
Thank you, my friend!!

Jackie said...

Playing on a farm....playing outside in the fresh air....Hardly anything beats that kind of playtime.
It is always so good to see you here. I hope that you are having a blessed week!
Hugs to you,
J.

Jackie said...

Hi Jan. I love your description of the last photo.
You always have such a wonderful way with words....only one of the many reasons I began reading your blog and following you. Reading your words are like listening to a forever friend. You are an amazing writer and photographer.

Jackie said...

Thank you, sweetly, Linda.
Grands are perfectly named. They are that, indeed!
As the weekend approaches, may it find you and yours blessed indeed!
Hugs to you,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Linda... Me, too! To see them outside playing rather than with a game device that is electronic in their hands is a big blessing to me. Don't get me wrong. There is a place for techie devices....but nothing beats the imagination and fun that playing outside brings to children (and Grandparents!)
Hugs to you, my friend.

Jackie said...

It is wonderful to see you here....and I thank you so much for your visits and for your comments.
I hope that these memories that we are making together are forever ones. I suspect they are (they are for me!
Warmest smiles to you,
J.

Jackie said...

Hi Tamara.
I think of you often. You know that I pray for you....and for yours. You can count on that.
Sending gentle hugs to you....hoping that you have completely settled in after your move.
I miss you.
Love,
J.

Jackie said...

Hugs right back to you, Stephanie!
Yes...Paul is a wonderful Granddaddy. Simply the best.
We love our Grandbabies (even though one of them will be 13 this summer, and I'm SURE she doesn't think of herself as a "baby".) ..they will always be babies in our hearts.
These are wonderful and precious memories, indeed.
Love to you,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Pat....I agree with my whole heart. What seems to be something simple...like piling bales of hay up so the children can climb and play is a simple thing...but what joy it brought to them. And, when joy is brought to the heart of a Grandchild, that joy is immediately shared in the hearts of the Grandparents. It's just a natural occurrence!
Thank you for visiting me here...and for your sweet comments.

Vicky said...

How they've grown Jackie! Just as precious as ever- but so mature and changing by the minute I believe. There is nothing that beats fresh air, something as simple as some hay bales and two loving Grands to share the fun with!

Eddie Bluelights said...

What a great fun day, Jackie. So good to see the abundance of enjoyment.
Hugs ~ Eddie

Patty said...

Those are beautiful memories both you and your husband will have and also the grandchildren. Nice their Granddaddy enjoys being with the children.

Sparky said...

I remember playing with "toys" like that! Hay bales make the best forts. The grandkids are so cute. That was truly precious. Thanks for sharing such a happy moment. Oh, and I used to make "homes" in the woods from cut palmetto leaves. They make excellent leantoos. Luv ~:)

Rob-bear said...

It's amazing what children can do with a big box, or a few hay bales. And a wonderful grandfather to help. When did we "grownups" forget how to play?

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Jackie said...

They are growing very quickly, Vicky. Our Grands are precious beyond words, and I'm so glad to share their love of the outdoors and their love of their Grandparents with you.

Jackie said...

Thank you, Eddie. And, thank you for sharing photos of your sweet Grandson with me.
He is precious!!!

Jackie said...

Hi Patty. Paul loves to be with them...and they love to be with him.
It's a match made in heaven!
Love to you and Abe.

Jackie said...

I love the word "leantoo"....and I have visions in my head of what fun you had making them out of palmetto leaves.
That's something I haven't done....even though I could have. Creative girl you were...and still are, I bet.
Thank you for your kind visits and comments.

Jackie said...

Yep....Rob. Give 'em a cardboard box, and they are happy for hours and hours.
I love the creativity that the simplest of toys instills in children (and adults, too.)
We still love to play with them.
Sending hugs and wishes for a spring that overtakes the cold and snow of Canada....very soon.

Craver Vii said...

Fun portraits!! I like the last pic, how Paul is either doing a chiropractic adjustment or perhaps some type of grueling torture as the littlest one tries to carry his leg away.

Suldog said...

There's nothing better than having the imagination of a kid. Nothing.

Jackie said...

Paul was being the "tickle monster." Garrett loves it.
Love the sweet sugar shared in these photos. Memories that will last forever.
So happy to see you here, Craver.
Hope you have a beautiful weekend.

Jackie said...

I agree, Jim. And, hopefully imaginative thinking never stops....no matter how old one gets.
Hope that you are feeling better each day.

suz said...

I am joining the chorus on this one. Great pix of sweet grandkids. And you know when they get older and look back on their childhood, they'll be remembering the fun times with grandma and grandpa, jumping in the hay on on the merry-go-round or any of the other myrid physical activities and not the best technical device money can buy. Those will be long forgotten. Keep on keeping on having fun and making memories. - Karen

Jackie said...

Hello Karen! I am hoping that as they get older and look back and remember "Granddaddy and Nana" that those memories will be positive ones....memories that will help them in their everyday lives and decision-making processes. We love them with all of our hearts, and we want the best for them.
Thank you sweetly for stopping by "Teacher's Pet."
Love you,
Jackie

Lady Di Tn said...

Reminds me of all the fun I had with my Pa. The unspoken love in that last photo speaks volumes. Peace

Jackie said...

I know that those memories you have with your Pa are forever ones.
I hope that we are building the same types of memories.
Sweet hugs to you,
J.

Sally Wessely said...

Ahhh Chooo. I'm afraid playing in the hay bales would have me sneezing my head off. It would be so much fun though. You excel at taking lovely, memory making photos.

Eddie Bluelights said...

I see they are still "making hay whilst the sun shines!"
Hugs ~ Eddie

Jackie said...

They have had allergy tests....and none of them are allergic to hay. Thank goodness! If so, this woulda "done 'em in."
Thank you for the sweet compliment about my photos, Sally. That means a lot to me.
Love to you,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Yep, Eddie. Since I posted last, we've moved the hay again....and again.
It keeps being moved to different places in the yard (according to where the best shade is in the afternoon.)
They LOVE it. I love them. So, it's a "win/win."
Smiles to you, my friend.
J.

troutbirder said...

Now that what I call "creative grandparenting."

Jackie said...

Thank you! The older we get, the wiser we get. Right? :))
Thank you for your visit here.
So wonderful to see you!

Maggie May said...

Hey!!!!! That's a good idea!
Lovely pictures as always!
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Jackie said...

Thank you, Maggie!
We have the bales of hay tucked away under shelter for the time being.
Due to rainy weather, we moved the hay to a safe spot. But....soon and very soon, it will be back out and will be the Grands' playhouse again!!
Hugs to you,
J.

Rick Watson said...

It doesn't take much for youngun's to have fun. Great post.
R

Jackie said...

Thank you, Rick.
Warmest regards and hugs to you and Jilda.
Thank you for stopping by and commenting. Always great to see you here.
Have a lovely week!

Rebecca said...

I can "feel" the fun! Those are great pictures,Jackie...and I can imagine how your heart smiled at all the activity.

Jackie said...

Rebecca...Thank you so much. My heart does smile with all the love that I feel for my dear Grandchildren.
I do hope that you are recovering quickly from your surgery.
I am thinking of you, and you know that I always send you many smiles and lots of hugs to go with those.
Love,
Jackie

Lew said...

Any day with the grand kids is a wonderful day! They look like they are enjoying it immensely!

Eileen said...

What fun, Jackie! Your grandchildren will remember those times at your home for the rest of their lives. Having loving grandparents is one of life's blessings.

Love, Eileen

Jackie said...

Lew....You have that exactly correct! Spot on, my friend. Spot on!
Any day with our Grands is such a wonderful day!!
Thank you for your visit and sweet words.
Smiles,
J.

Jackie said...

Hi Eileen. I hope that every memory that we make is a forever one, and that the memories are positive and loving ones for our Grands. We love to have them here. Any time that they come over to our home, it blesses our hearts.
We love them.
Sending you many hugs, Eileen.
Love,
Jackie