Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

God sent His son, they called Him, Jesus;
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives! 

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!
~Bill Gaither



 

19 comments:

Maggie May said...

The true meaning of Easter.
May you have a lovely, Blessed time whatever you are doing.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Eddie Bluelights said...

We are so blessed He did this for us

Happy Easter
Eddie x

Rob-bear said...

Easter Blessings, Jackie!

suz said...

It needs no further comment than "Amen." - Karen

LilliStJohn said...

A most beautiful poem Jackie....and the lovely coloured photo as well. This can be such a wonderful world eh, when people are looking in the right direction. Bless you and your family. lol Happy Easter - Lilly

DJan said...

Happy Easter to you, dear Jackie. Thank you for the beautiful Easter card you sent me, too. :-)

Sparky said...

Amen. Total agreement. Hope y'all have a blessed Sunday. ~:)

Anvilcloud said...

I know that tune from my days in the faith. I am humming it right now. Happy Easter.

Billie Jo said...

Have a blessed Easter Day, my friend!

Chatty Crone said...

They sang that at church today!!! Have a blessed Easter. Sandie

Hilary said...

Wishing you and yours a Happy Easter, Jackie.

NanaDiana said...

Amen- Wishing you a blessed Easter. xo Diana

troutbirder said...

Beautiful thoughts. Happy Easter...:)

jack69 said...

I would expect nothing else from you. A beautiful song, and one that has a VERY special meaning to me. This was being sung when I surrendered to the Lord after having lost my faith many years before. Hearing this, I realized he had been waiting patiently for his erring child.
Thanks for such a sweet reminder.... U B SWEET!

Suldog said...

Indeed. Happy Easter, Jackie!

Linda said...

Beautiful. Happy belated Easter to you. Blessings

Pat - Arkansas said...

I love that song; thanks for sharing those wonderful words with us. I hope you had a lovely Easter Day.

Craver Vii said...

The brightest moment in history! And to think that he mediates to The Father for us, and calls us his friends... Wow!
Imagine that. It's not just that we say we know him, but that he knows us by name and loves us. This risen Savior is truly awesome!!

Tamara said...

Ah my sister! I hear the refrain from the Gaither Trio!