Friday, September 18, 2015

Training Them Up


Our Grandson played his first Boys Club football game on Thursday evening.
They all looked so small (to this Nana) on that great big field....and my heart jumped to my throat each time I saw the boys tackle or being tackled. 

Our team didn't win the game, but they are all winners.
To see them playing, trying their best, and enjoying it means so much.

After the game, the coach asked the boys to huddle up, touch the shoulder of the nearest player, and then he asked for a volunteer from among these young boys to lead the group in prayer.
Immediately, one boy said, "I want to."

Makes my heart happy to know that the coach is training up these boys in the way
they should go....on the field and off the field.


Sending you all warm wishes for a beautiful weekend.
Love,
Jackie

14 comments:

Rick Watson said...

I love that photo Jackie. I played football when I was a kid and I loved it.
R

Jackie said...

Thank you, Rick. The photo spoke to me, too.
I'm so glad that you loved playing when you were young. Garrett loves it, and I hope that he continues to enjoy it.
Always so good to have you stop by my blog.
Smiles,
Jackie

jack69 said...

I like the entry. You grandmas are so silly. LOL I think it is wonderful the moral training with the physical training. Something the kids will never forget. Anyone in a sport wants to win, but most of the time it is the fun of it that counts.
Good one.
Jackie D in NC now.

Jackie said...

Love the state that you and Sherry are in now. We will be there soon. Those autumn leaves call our name.
Thank you for your visits and kind comments.

Hilary said...

Wonderful photo, Jackie. It's so much fun to watch the kidlets play, isn't it?

Thanks so much for your always kind and supportive words.. they're much appreciated.

Patty said...

Wonderful story and photo. Yes our grandchildren, just like our own children, always seem small to us, just like they are still small children. And we are always afraid they will get hurt. I forget how much they've grown, until they kiss me good bye and have to bend down to do it. LOL They all think it's funny, Grandma is so short and seems to keep getting shorter. Have a great week-end. Looks like rain here. I think I'll make a pan of Chili for supper. We don't like it real spicy or hot. I always set out the bottle of hot sauce, I like a couple of sprinkles, Abe doesn't.

Jackie said...

My first time watching our Grand play football. He played soccer previously, and we enjoyed watching him play. My heart is going to have to get used to this....

Jackie said...

That chili sounds delish!
Wish we lived closer. Would love to visit you and Abe.
Sending hugs to you, Patty.
Love,
Jackie

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Jackie,
What a wonderful photo showing the camaraderie and dedication of these young athletes. I love that when they play sports
they can learn about teamwork, dedication, perseverance and hard work. How truly wonderful that Garrett's coach was also teaching them about prayer and bringing the Lord into everything they do! The most important lesson of all.

We have been to football games just like this with our grandson, Jacob, who is now 5'10" to my 5'4". :) We are part of his cheering section! Like you, it seems only yesterday that he was little. :)

Loves and hugs and prayers to you, Jackie, from another grateful Nana in Spokane:)
Still praying for you every day, friend.
Linda

Jackie said...

I smile as I think of your Grand probably having to stoop over to give you a hug and a kiss. They grow so fast, don't they?
I applaud you that you are a part of your Grand's cheering section. I am and always will be among our Grands' cheerleaders.
Thank you for your visits and as always your lovely comments.
Thank you so much for your prayers. My vertigo is still bad....and I pray that the Lord will help me as I am either healed or learn to live with the dizziness and the nausea. Thank you for your continued support and friendship, Linda.
Love,
Jackie

DJan said...

So inspiring, Jackie. Thank you for sharing this. :-)

Jackie said...

Thank you, Jan. It is always good to see you and hear from you.
Hugs,
Jackie

Eddie Bluelights said...

Wonderful, Jackie . . .:)
No doubt they would be interested too about Jim's very amusing football post on Facebook when that guy tricked everyone and walked through the defence and them ran solo to touch down . . lol

Jackie said...

saw that post from Jim, Eddie. Made me smile.
Always good to see you here, my friend.
J.