I was going through old photos this evening.
This is a photo of me when I was teaching middle school in the mid to late 70's.
I look at the photo and think how much our daughter looks now like I looked then.
Time has a way of getting away so quickly.
Seems like yesterday....
This is a photo of me when I was teaching middle school in the mid to late 70's.
I look at the photo and think how much our daughter looks now like I looked then.
Time has a way of getting away so quickly.
Seems like yesterday....

40 comments:
Beautiful from the inside out . . . . :) x
Thank you, Eddie.
It seems you are right about time. I hope you stayed in the same area. If you did, I bet you have students who come up to you and ask, "Remember me?" WE have a way of remembering the pretty (& good) teachers!!!
Nice picture. (Glad to see the comments turned back on!)
Love your eyes and hair, so full of life.
Thank you so much....
You. Are. Gorgeous! Are your eyes hazel color, would you say?
I had forgotten you were a teacher...beautiful, Jackie...just plum beautiful. Thank you for the smiles. Blessings
Yep. Chalk dust in my veins for over 33 years.
Thank you, Linda.
Thank. You. Very. Much!
My eyes are blue, Rebecca.
Hugs,
J.
You are a very pretty girl. So right, time has a way of speeding up as we age too. :):) Blessings, xoxo,Susie
Thank you, Susie.
Yes. I am in the same area in which I taught.
I have students that come up to me and ask that very question.
Thank you, Jack.
P.S. I tried to turn the comments on for the last post, but I was unsuccessful.
. . . and you have lovely eyes . . :)
Ditto to all the above comments. They are all accurate. So glad you are back and wish you the best. - Karen
I sure wish I could have had a teacher like you. I can see you have always been a caring person. Pretty, too. :-)
What a lovely young lady! You are still lovely!
I've also been looking through old photos, many of them are in black and white! When they were younger, my grandchildren asked me what it was like when the world was black and white! had a good laugh at that!
Luv Maggie x
Beautiful you. And you've re-enabled comments. I hope this means that you're back to stay.
Oh, thank you Eddie! You are sweet!!
Karen....So good to see you.
I'm glad to be back. Sending you hugs.
J.
Jan....I think each and every teacher should love and care for his/her students.
Teaching has been my calling ever since I was in elementary school
Thank you for your kind comments.
I treasure your friendship.
Love,
Jackie
Hi Maggie. What wonderful news I read about your latest test results.
I prayed and prayed. I send you many hugs and much love.
Wishing for happiness for you, always.
Thank you for your kind comments.
Love you,
J.
Yes, Hilary!
I tried to enable them on an earlier post, but I must not have done something correctly. Didn't happen.
But, I'm back....am feeling much better, and you know that I love being at your blog and looking at your photography. You are one of the best photographers I have ever seen. Mean that.
Thank you for keeping up with me while I was gone. Means a lot to me.
Love,
Jackie
So great to see you, here, again, Miss Jackie. I'm completely taken with that beautiful photo of you! You were stunning- those eyes, the smile, the way your hair frames your face- simply breathtaking!
Thanks for your visit. Yes time does have a way of getting away quickly, although at the time it doesn't seem that way and then all at once you think, where did the time go. It's hard to believe Abe and I were married 60 years ago this past July. He turned 81 on Oct. 25 and I turned 79 on Oct. 27. We spend more time on Facebook now then our blog. At least I do. Our kids will be a lot older this next year then I ever dreamed I would have kids this old. LOL Angela will be 60 on June 1st., Chris our son will be 59 on May 10th., Melinda will be 58 on July 5th., Becky will be 54 on Mar. 7th., and Melissa will be 43 on June 27th. And we'll be celebrating 61 years on July 12th. Where does the time go.
Hope you, your parents, husband and grandchildren are all doing well. Beautiful photo of you.
You are beautiful---then and now---inside and out. It is amazing how time moves us along so quickly...kind of bittersweet, isn't it? Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving me a comment today. xo Diana
Thank you, Vicky. As always, you are gracious with your compliments.
Sweet you are!
Patty....What milestones you and Abe have accomplished.
I am so glad I met both of you through blogging.
Married 60 years! Awesome and such a blessing to others to see the love and devotion between the two of you.
You both have birthdays very close together. Love!!!
I hug you....
Always,
Jackie
NanaDiana....Always good to visit you at your blog.
So happy to see you here, and I hope that you have a blessed week.
Sending smiles and love to you,
J.
Oh Jackie! Don't you love "flash backs"? If what you say is true... then your daughter is lovely!
Reminds of the first line of a poem:
Backwards turn backwards oh time in your flight
Make me a child again for tonight
I can't speak for you, but frankly I've come too far and know too much to REALLY want to go back. I only wish for the energy of those years!
Hugs to you, my friend.
Ahhhh....Yes. The energy of those years. I long for that energy.
Hugging you and your dear husband and continually praying for you.
Thank you for your dear friendship....
Always,
J.
You were beautiful then and I bet you are now - I bet the middle school kids loved you too!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!..Hope you have good holidays.
Thank you!
I hope the students loved my class(es.) I taught English and literature. I think my students' favorite class was mythology. We did a lot of "neat" things in that class. One project that we did every year was to write and publish a mythology newspaper. They did their own artwork....and practically every part of a newspaper was included in this mythology one that they 'created.' (They even wrote classified ads and obituaries....)
Such fun. I'm strolling down memory lane as I type this. Sigh.....
That's a great picture Jackie. I have a picture of Jilda and me taken in the summer of 1980 that's one of my favorite pictures of us.
I saw my English teacher from high school a few weeks ago and I thanked her fo the love and dedication she put into every class. She made a difference in my life.
R
I can only imagine the joy you brought to your former teacher when you told her that she made a difference in your life. That gratitude you expressed was a gift to her that can't be measured.
Thank you for your visit here and for your kindness. You and Jilda make my heart smile. Sending both of you warmest hugs....
J.
Wow. You were pretty!
Not that you aren't pretty now, of course. As a matter of fact, you're beautiful. You're one of THE most beautiful people I know, both inside and out, and I love you. I also will be mentioning you on my blog today, so I'm buttering you up. But I do love you.
Butter. Butter.
You make me smile, Jim. Luv you right back.
Wishing you the most success with your wiritng. You've arrived....and I couldn't be more proud. Mean that.
Absolutely!!
J.
Oh Jackie,
Isn't "nostalgia lane" a fun place to travel to at times. What a beautiful photo...your soul shines through your eyes.
I know that feeling of seeing a picture of my "old self" and then looking at my 38 year old daughter, her long hair and all.
It brings back so many memories. I am so, so ,SO glad that you are feeing much, much better! You are in my thoughts and prayers daily! It makes me genuinely happy, down to my toes, to find you back on your blog again!!
Loves and hugs and prayers!
Linda
Thank you, Linda. Your prayers mean so much to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a dear friend......
Love,
J.
Beautiful photo of you Jackie!!!
Oh...Thankee Lisa!!
I can't wait to hear that your lake is frozen over. That should be upcoming soon, right?
I'm always fascinated to think about that.
Hugs,
J.
Post a Comment