What does the sunset of one's life look like?
Is it as beautiful as the dawn?
Does the view change as one's eyes grow dimmer?
Could it be even more vivid and beautiful then?
Thoughts I've been pondering this week. Especially after the passing of a friend.
I never met or talked with Ms. Dorothy. I only knew her for a brief time...but one doesn't have to meet someone in person to call one 'friend.'
Ms. Dorothy was affectionately known as "The Mad Cat Lady of Franklin." Her cousin Jim (Suldog) is a Brother in Christ and a friend of mine. No, I've never met him either. (See above statement.)
Jim introduced us to Ms. Dorothy through his blog. I didn't get to know her until September, 2011, but I grew to love her through Jim's posts.
This blog is the one that caught my attention, so I went back and read his posts about the Mad Cat Lady.
She passed away this past Tuesday. I read the news of the death of this kind and smart lady, and I cried like we had known each other forever. Interesting how one person can touch the life of another from such a great distance.
I am thankful that Dorothy put her trust in the Lord. She has the blessing of seeing Him face to face this Easter.
As Easter approaches, I want to keep my eyes and heart on the true meaning of Easter: Our Redeemer lives.
May each of our lives touch another and make a positive difference...always.
Love,
Jackie
She passed away this past Tuesday. I read the news of the death of this kind and smart lady, and I cried like we had known each other forever. Interesting how one person can touch the life of another from such a great distance.
I am thankful that Dorothy put her trust in the Lord. She has the blessing of seeing Him face to face this Easter.
As Easter approaches, I want to keep my eyes and heart on the true meaning of Easter: Our Redeemer lives.
May each of our lives touch another and make a positive difference...always.
Love,
Jackie



18 comments:
Touching thoughts. We don't have to see someone to be touched by their lives. And when they are gone a part of our life is missing
I also *met* Dorothy through Suldog and had made contact with her.
She sounded a lovely person and she did marvellous things for those cats.
She is now in a far better place free from pain.
I'm glad that you have reappeared in Blogland again because your absence has definitely been noticed and I missed you.
Hope all is well.
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Wonderful and loving post, my Friend.
I'm sorry to here about the loss of your friend Jackie. And you are absolutely right, we don't have to meet face to face to be friends! Blogging isn't much different than having pen pals which as we know, can stay friends for years!
Ms. Dorothy is in the best of places! What an Easter celebration she will have.
Even in your sadness it is so good to hear from you and know that you are taking time off with your loved ones. I send a big hug to you and many Easter Blessings.
Love Di ♥
It's always darkest before the dawn, and today, Good Friday, is the darkest day of the year. Easter is filled with light and hope, and it's right around the corner. My first name is Dorothy, and I hope that someone will think of me as you are thinking of her when my time comes.
I have a few "virtual friends", too, Jackie. Your question is a good one - sunrises & sunsets....
We're heading down south immediately after the church service Sunday. Can't wait to land in N.C. again.
Happy Easter to you and yours, Jackie. Because He lives, we can face tomorrow with confidence and great hope.
Time to reflect of the passing of a friend - as you say - you don't have to meet to call someone a friend- is so sad, and I think your way of showing your sadness is just perfect My friend.
I got to know of a friend thru a gaming blog and when he passed away - it really hit me, because we sparred with each other often most days, he lived in Canada.
It takes time to recover, but just before he passed away he requested some of my pics for his wall in hospital, and that really felt that I was next to him as he went to sleep for the last time.
Really great post of yours just took me to his side.
Thankyou MY FRIEND.
Beautiful post Jackie. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. She must have been an amazing soul. I agree with Diana we don't need to meet face to face to make friends or be friends. Hope everything is going well. Have a wonderful wonderful Easter.
Love,
Cindy
Hi Jackie - this is a beautiful post, words and images alike. I am sorry about Dorothy - I feel your loss and love. I also feel just how beautiful your spirit is and I am forever grateful that we are friends. Wishing you peace and light this Easter season and always.
Love Gail
peace.....
Jackie - You're one of the very good ones, and I'm tremendously blessed to count you among my friends. Dorothy loved receiving your cards and letters. Your thoughtfulness gave her much respite from her trials. My sincere "Thank You" is all I have to offer in return at the moment, but rest assured that any favor I can do for you in future WILL be done.
(I know, of course, that your aim was not to receive some sort of tit-for-tat. Nevertheless, I am your humble servant, whatever you ask.)
Thank you for the nice comment! As for the Sunset of life, it is as for the Sunrise - what you make of it.
Happy Easter!
What a beautiful post. I have been unable to keep up with blog reading lately. I hope you have a Happy and Blessed Easter.
Jackie: So nicely done my friend. I also lost a blogging friend last week. She was also a wonderful person and lost a fight with breast cancer. Somethings are hard to understand.
As you start downhill on the rails of life the train gets faster and sometimes life is just an impression you briefly get to see or a person you get to know. But smile and remember, my friend as you got to know her and she made an impression on you. It seems as of late, I have been to too many funeral homes. Peace be with you.
Wonderful thoughts on the sunset of life...
Wow, this brings mixed feelings. It's nice to see you again, Jackie. But under these circumstances I should let my words be few. My condolences to you, and Suldog, as well as the rest of Ms. Dorothy's friends and family.
"Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep." --Romans 12:15
"I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;" --Philippians 1:23b
A special tribute to this lady who touched your life and enriched it.
Thank you for your Easter blessings on my blog and although the day has passed I wish you a blessed Easter too xx
Bless the mad cat lady. I am sure she is surrounded by cats in heaven. What would heaven be without cats?
Post a Comment