Back to the Rope Swing
A look up ....to the branch that supports the swing.
It is about 20 feet up.
Jack couldn't resist. He wanted to go back to the rope swing.
Even though we are 61 years old, we still enjoy playing the games of our childhood.
In this photo, Jack gets ready to jump from the back of his truck onto the wooden seat he made for the Grandchildren's swing.
(The bottom rope will be braided soon. This is an on-going project.)
As my blogging friend Eddie would say,
"Aaaa-aha-aha - ahaahaa!" (The Tarzan sound!!)
9 comments:
LOL I can hear him from here! LOL
Oh and I love the photos Jackie. You have captured the movement and persective marvellously and the Tarzan bit reminds me of a joke:
Q. What's blue and swings from trees?
A. Tarzan in a boiler suit.
LOL
oh my gosh are you guys having sooo much fun or what? I can just imagine how you must have giggled. OK tell me you were not even a little bit excited to take a turn? PLEEZE! I would have been the second one in line to take my turn. Of course having Jack test it out first! My question is....how did he get the rope on that 20 foot high branch in the first place?
I guess that Jane took tazans photo then,lol.
Me again and ever the curious! I agree with Linda, how did Jack get the rope over the branch? Did he climb the tree like Tarzan, or use a ladder, or just throw it over? (some throw). I suspect he looped it and then threaded it so he did not have to tie a knot. And did you have a go? Come on lass, please tell us LOL. And did you enjoy it? "Ahhhh-ahhhhaaaaahhhh--ahahaaaahhhh!" LOL
Ahhh! I've just worked it out!!! He tied a ball of string to the rope and threw the ball of string with a weight over the branch and then hauled up the rope over the branch. Right? LOL
Love this post Jackie. Of course if Jack was Indian you might call it "The Indian Rope Trick!" Oh! wahat an awful pun!! LOL
I wanna know, how did he get down?
You SHOULD be able to get some $$$ for that last photo!
By the way, aren't you the "smart" one using your smart phone to organize your life?!? When/if I decide to get one in the future, I just may do that myself. Meanwhile, I cling to the security (and other perks) of paper & pencil.
That was a wonderful video and picture. I am still amazed at how you take those pictures, where only one subject is in focus and rest is all out of focus. Very clear and wonderful pictures :)
P.S I am sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Just not regular on blogger these days,but I am well :)
Post a Comment