Thursday, August 18, 2011

Questions and Answers


To answer Eddie's and Linda's question about how the rope got to the branch above....
I remembered that I used my Flip Video to record the rope swing being "assembled" in our woods.
I didn't edit this video (...'cause I don't know how! )
I apologize for the uneditted video...
You'll have to watch it...warts and all.
The first step of getting the rope over the branch wasn't recorded on the video.
Jack had already thrown a string with a weight on it over the branch. To this string, he had attached a small rope and pulled that rope over the branch.
The next step is on the video itself...
Once he got the large rope over the branch, he fed the rope through itself via a loop ( that my Daddy had helped Jack fashion.)
Daddy is a Navy veteran, and those skills
are apparently never forgotten.
P.S. Daddy celebrated his 85th birthday last week.
Happy Birthday Daddy!

Jack told me that the branch is 30 feet above the ground.
I thought it was 20 feet up....and had posted that earlier.
My goof!
And, Stewart (
imac)...to answer your question that you left on my previous blog:
I think Jack is still there.... :))

14 comments:

Eddie Bluelights said...

Thanks for the explanation, Jackie. I did think this afternoon that a rope might have been passed through a loop and pulled up, making a secure fixing at the top. Clever Jack and your Daddy and not bad from Sherlock Eddie Holmes from across the pond LOL.
Now it would be great to see a clip of you having a swing LOL, in which case we might have to call you Jane. LOL

Happy birthday to your Daddy.
Hugs ~ Eddie

Maggie May said...

Has my brother been hassling you? LOL!
I just enjoyed the photo.
I think I prefer unedited films and photos.They are more natural.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

imac said...

Forgot what the question was now lol, its an age thing you-know.
Hayy day to your Father.

Jackie said...

Jack sends congratulations to you, Eddie. He saw your questions and possible answers, and he said, "He got it right!" I smiled. Yep, Eddie is a smart fella.

Maggie...No, Eddie hasn't been hassling me. Just being Eddie....fun-loving blogging friend.
Thank you for your sweet visits, Maggie.

imac.... what question?? :)))

Vicky said...

Ohhhh yes, Happy Birthday to your Dad!! 85, now that is a lot of candles! I rope swing, how fun- I can just see the grands swinging and swinging on this. I am so thrilled for the return of Miss Jackie and her beautiful photos and her pretty self!

Thank you sweet friend for the prayers and the many words of encouragement, they are doing wonders for me!!

xoxo

Suldog said...

Happy Birthday to Dad!

Long time, no see, Jackie. How are you? Well, I hope. I'll explore a bit here and maybe find out!

God bless!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad Jackie! and Many Many Many Many more to come! What a fun time to be had forever with that swing! I think Bob would be sneaking over every single day, I can just hear the conversation..."Hi honey how was your day? (after me being at work all day) "Oh it was alright" me: what did you do? Bob: ah nothing much, went over to make sure the swing was still hangin on, just made sure it was still strong and sturdy. me: oh...... well ok then, did you have fun? Bob: with a grin...yeah..I think it will hold up just fine...but I may have to check it again tomorrow just to be sure... me: alrighty then...have fun!...Bob grinning...

Wendy said...

I don't know how to edit videos either! There's just too much techie stuff out there. LOL! Love the video.
Happy Birthday Dad.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Why thank you kind Jack and Jill (I mean Jackie LOL) - I enjoyed the fun immensely. I am looking forward to the next project. Miles of smiles all round.

Mar said...

Hi. Happy Birthday to your Dad. I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for your comments on my blog. <3Mar

Gail said...

HI JACKIE - Happy Birthday to your Daddy and I hope too that your Mama is doing okay. My Mom is a miracle and a gift and we embrace every moment of her life. Our birthdays and anniversary are August 29th. Yup, Skipp and I have the same birthday and we married on our birthdays. I hope all is well Jackie.
Love Gail
peace......

Eddie Bluelights said...

Hi Jackie, just stopping bye to see if you are still in the swing of things LOL.
Smiles and hugs ~ Eddie

Jerelene said...

Hi Jackie!
I just LOVE, LOVE those trees...could you send me one? LOL
Love the swing too..
Happy Birthday to your Daddy...hope your Momma is doing well too..
My Momma is doing really well...and I am so happy. Thanks for checking up on me...I appreciate it so much...you are a sweet friend :)
I have been sick...bad sinus infection, eyes and ear :( They did a 2nd test on me for diabetes too...so keep me in your prayers...
Love you, Jerelene

Rob-bear said...

Well done, Daddy (Happy Birthday!) and Jack. And good photos by Jackie. Here's hoping the younger generation have lots of fun, without hurting themselves.