Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Makes Me Want to Buy a Red Hat


We have many birds here, and I love to watch them.
I took this photo a while back....and haven't seen this "friend" but once since I took the photo.
As I looked at him, I thought, "My, my....what a sharp beak you have!" 
He is an awesome bird of flight.  He left the grass and flew quickly to the tree outside of our front door.....

 


....didn't stay long.....just long enough for me to catch a couple of quick shots of him......and then he was off for our back woods.
Does make me want to buy a red hat! :))

Smiles from Jackie

7 comments:

imac said...

Is that the woodpecker comes a calling?

Rebecca said...

Saw your comment on Di's blog and took a chance getting here. I thought I'd lost you! Red hats? I went a little crazy since I belonged to Red Hat organization. I could send you 3 or 4!

I especially liked the picture of your mother with the grands. (My mother, too, continues to decline in health - mentally and physically. It's hard to watch; hard to know when to step in; but easy to love her.)

Good to connect again, Jackie. Stay as cool as possible. (We had a storm go through during the night. It's supposed to only get up to 86 today. We'll see. It would sure be a welcome relief!)

Eddie Bluelights said...

What a charming bird - why it's Woody Woodpecker!
Good shots Jackie - not sure he needs a hat though LOL

Diana said...

I love the Red Headed Woodpecker! We have them here too. That first photo you got of him was awesome! Love Di ♥

Jerelene said...

Hi Jackie,
I have them here too. We also have the smaller ones..I get lucky enough to have both of them on the tree at the same time occasionlly..
The first pic was cute..but the second kind of looked he was watching your house...probably looking for you and your camera :)
Love and hugs, Jerelene

Lew said...

That should be the official bird of the Red Hat Society! Great shots. I hope he doesn't find his early breakfast that close to your house.

Rob-bear said...

We've got lots of those Pileated Woodpeckers up here. Well, we did when I was growing up in central Canada. Out west, I haven't seen any that I can remember.