I persuaded Jack to leave Lowes and go across the street to Lake Junaluska.
(Can't imagine why one would want to leave the tools and lumber for a view of the lake.... :))) ) but I convinced him.
We didn't stay long at the lake....just long enough for the sun to set.
I waited to get a photo of the sundown, and a lady (woman) walked and stood between me and the view that I wanted to photograph.
It seems that she should have noticed that I wanted a photo....but like me, she was watching the sunset, so I can't complain. There was a narrow window of opportunity, and I couldn't go to another vantage point. I simply took the shot and "cut" her out of the photo. I had a wider view of the mountain ranges until I did that...but...that's the way it goes sometimes. :)))
OK....I'm gonna post the view I wanted to photograph.
I should title it "Woman Gets Between Jackie and the Sunset at Lake Junaluska"....but that would be rude and too long! :)))
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.
Revelation 4:11
******UPDATE******
******UPDATE******
Here ya go, Jackie.
I went back to that spot and asked that lady to move --nicely.
She didn't, so I had to push her off... but we've got the picture!!
Heh, heh...
--Craver Vii
I went back to that spot and asked that lady to move --nicely.
She didn't, so I had to push her off... but we've got the picture!!
Heh, heh...
--Craver Vii




13 comments:
What an incredible view Jackie! And what a perfect piece of scripture to go along with it! I love visiting your blog and always leave feeling the need to go photograph everything. :) Love and hugs to you!
The view went from a riot of color to a very serene scene, Jackie! Lovely!
What colours - what wonderful shots too.
I know how you feel. Sunsets change dramatically and very quickly. I'll bet she was just captivated by the view, and was oblivious to what was happening behind her.
But if you want me to go over there and have a talk with her...
Bwaaahahaha!... That's how we roll in Chicago. Badda-bing, badda-boom. ;-)
I think I need Craver to push a few people out of photos for me! :) That's awesome Craver!
Beautiful sunset and a great view! I have not been to that part of NC in a long, long time (certainly no Lowe's on the lake!!). If the weather is nice, we will get upwards of 100 visitors Halloween (but no grandkids - closest is about 250 miles north).
Nice photos Jackie. North Carolina is beautiful. Hope the remodeling is going well.
This is just beautiful. I love the view. I had no idea how beautiful this part of the country was. Thanks for sharing. (Sorry about the very unobservant woman.)
photoshop is an amazing tool
Excellent shot. And how nice of Craver to ask her to move :-)
Magnificent photos and colours of a marvellous view!
I wouldn't know how to cut a woman out of a photo. Unless we were talking about a real photo that you could hold together with a pair of scissors!
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Jackie: What a neat shot of the lake with the wonderful Fall colored tree. Thanks for sharing a neat lake photo.
Post a Comment