Since I was able to keep her this morning, I thought it would be a good time to point and shoot.
She likes flowers (mainly she likes to eat them...) and my roses are in full bloom, so I provided her with a few to keep her attention while I attempted to photograph her outside.
After a while, she had enough....(not enough flowers.... she never gets enough of those.)
She had enough of the photos.....
Nana picked her up and kissed and loved on her.
About to turn 1 year old....with a smile and a "patty cake" attitude.
Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.
(Proverbs 17:6 ESV)
(Proverbs 17:6 ESV)






17 comments:
Oh Jackie...be still my heart! She is so precious and beautiful! What a lucky little one to have a Grandma like you to love on her. I wish my Mom were well enough to love on my little one the way she used to and wishes she still could. You asked how she was doing...she's hanging in there. She's a fighter, but I realize there's only so much fighting left. Just trying to get lost in each moment we have with her and just breathe it all in. Thank you so much for all the love and prayers for her and my family. It's going to be an extremely hard loss for all of us as she's very much of the glue of our family. Thank you for being you Jackie, you are so dear to my heart! :)
Beautiful grandbaby! I bet grandma gives her lots of kisses!!!
She is just precious. These photos are treasures that will be even more treasured as the years go by.
What a pretty sweetheart, Jackie! Love the cute pout!
Lovely! And Nana picking you up and kissing and loving will clear up any tears!
Thanks for the link to Thanksgiving Comes First, Jackie! You're the best!
She's a bit like a rose petal herself!
Beautiful little cutie. Wish I could pick her up! Give her a kiss from.....
Maggie X
Nuts in May
HI Jackie - oh my how precious. The pure and beautiful innocence and trusting love is breath taking. Hallelujah
Love Gail
pace....
Such sweetness, how do you keep from wanting to eat HER up? I just get lost in those big baby blues of hers! So nicely photographed as always.
Happy Birthday sweet Shelby! And may you be blessed with many, many more!
oh my gosh she is beautiful! and I am not just saying that to be nice, even though I am a nice person, but...when I see a beautiful child (AND SHE IS!) I know it! because I have beautiful grandies too! Her eyes are so gorgeous! see seemed to be the perfect little model and then, I just wanted to hug on her too! sooo sweet Jackie!
Jackie: She is a beautiful little one and I'm sure she is the apple of your eye. Tom/FG
Really really cute.
You have captured these expressions beautiful my friend.
Love the feathering too.
From cool cerulean to deep azure, the blue eyes I see on this blog are hypnotizing. I have always seen blue eyes as a very special thing. But that's no surprise, because you and your family are special people. :-)
Please don't think me terrible for this, but I found Shelby's crying portrait to be such a darling image. As long as they're not really hurting, there is something endearing and authentic about those types of pictures. Usually, it automatically makes me want to pick up the child and comfort them. But I took a picture of my two grandchildren wailing while several families were trying to enjoy a hayride at camp this summer. Something struck me that this was funny, so I held out the compact point & shoot and nabbed a self-portrait with them.
My wife did not share my opinion, and will not let me release the photo, but I still giggle when I show her that one.
P.S.
Praying for Vicki Westra.
Beautiful collection of photos and a wonderful record to keep and cherish.
Thanks for your valued comments at my place ~ Smiles ~ Eddie
I have never been a teacher's pet
What absolutely stunning photography!!! How did you get her to sit still?? I had such trouble photographing my grands when they were that age.
What a sweet little angel - those blue blue eyes. Oh, and I think eating flowers is perfectly acceptable. LOL!
Happy Birthday dear little Shelby
Thanks for your kind concern on my blog. I am moving on and I need to keep reminding myself that it was my choice. Nobody is forcing me out of my home. It's just too big and the upkeep....
I am grateful to you and my other blogging friends for understanding and supporting me, as even though it is my decision to move, it's still sad. Thank you for being a kind friend.
Always seems to me that boy-children get the long, beautiful eye-lashes. In THIS case, they belong to your sweet granddaughter!
Post a Comment