Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sweet Dreams

She fell asleep this afternoon in my arms.
I am always happy to be able to be with her, cuddle her, and rock her to sleep.
Her big sister went to a Mother/Daughter conference at our church today, and I was blessed to be able to keep "little" sister (Shelby) for the entire day.



These sleeping moments are sweet, to me, but I can't wait for her to wake up so that we can play together.


Sweet dreams, my youngest Grandchild.  Sweet dreams.


Love,
Nana

16 comments:

Lew said...

So peaceful and content!

Rob-bear said...

What a beautiful picture; what lovely thoughts.

Grandchildren are a blessing, indeed.

DJan said...

Such a beautiful picture! Sweet dreams, indeed, little one.

Diana said...

Ahhhh, if only we could sleep like a beautiful baby!! Sounds like a fun day Jackie! Love Di ♥

Sally Wessely said...

A blessing to behold. Truly, I was blessed to see this beautiful sleeping child.

imac said...

I can just see the great big sunbeam of a smile on your face my friend. Sooooo cute.

Patty said...

They are always so beautiful when they sleep, they look so contented. Thank goodness our youngest grandchild is 11, I don't think I have the energy to care for a baby, or the strength. LOL We have five Grandchildren, 11, will be 12 in March, 13, 19, 29, & 30. The two older ones live in Fl, The Grandchildren's photos are on my side bar on my blog.

Tamara said...

How very precious! Love her up as they grow up too fast. I noticed this weekend that Zachary no longer has the 'baby' smell, but he smells like a little boy. I miss the 'baby' smell.

Eileen said...

She looks just like an angel!

I love sleeping babies, they just ooze peace all over, but I agree with you, the awake times are FUN! All the play and all the smiles!

But isn't holding a sleeping baby the most calming and comforting sense ever?! It's like any tension you had just dissipates completely.

Enjoy!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Craver Vii said...

Ah, an afternoon nap. (whispering) Don't grow up too fast, Little Shelby.

Wendy said...

OMG - how I love cuddling a sleeping baby. Melts my heart. You really are blessed, my friend.
Hugs

tainterturtles said...

Being a Grandma is the best thing in the world.

Kisses to Shelby!

Suldog said...

Everybody looks innocent when sleeping. I suspect, in this case, it's actually true :-)

Maggie May said...

Theres nothing so peaceful as a sleeping child.

Sorry to hear about Daddy and hope the ribs heal really fast. Its a very painful place to have an injury like that as you have to move when you breathe.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Wanda..... said...

Nothing better than looking at a sweet child's face! I forgot to mention in my e-mail that today is daughter Annette's birthday.

aurbie said...

Very sweet photo, and on this rainy day, makes me want to take a long nap.