Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer 2012

When it is this hot across the USA, there's nothing to do but get in the water and have some fun.

We don't have a pool, so I decided to go to Toys R Us and buy one that I could inflate and fill up for our Grandchildren.

I love the smiles on their faces.














23 comments:

DJan said...

Oh yes, Jackie! They are incredibly happy, and the pictures are impossible to look at without smiling along with them. Good for you!!!

Tamara said...

What a good Grandma! And those are great smiles on their faces!!!

Rob-bear said...

Just love the idea. The pool at our apartment building is over a month late in being filled. When it is, the grandchildren can come over and we can get in on the act. Much nicer than trying to swim in a filthy river with a very strong current.

Craver Vii said...

(splash) :-D

tainterturtles said...

Can you believe we are having the same 90 degree temperatures here in Wisconsin? Good idea to buy the pool....kids love to splash!

Eileen said...

We used to do that all the time too before we got our pool, it was always lots of fun and the kids loved it! I can that you have provided lots of fun for your grands with this purchase!
LOVE THIS POST!
Love you!, E

Dave said...

Nice work Jackie. Nice to see happy children. Did you get in too? :-) - Dave

Cindy said...

Beautiful!! Love the smiles too. Nothing beats the fun you can have in a pool. Hope you are doing well. I'm still fighting off this bronchitis. Dad is having some issues with his breathing because of fluid on his lungs. He goes to dr today. Maybe they will do something to help him. I hope your parents are well.

Hugs,
Cindy (Charlie and Annie send hugs and kisses)

Lady Di Tn said...

You sure know how to make them smile. Splashing on hot days. Peace

Suldog said...

I remember being a kid and going into an inflatable pool. It could have been the size of a washtub and it still was a thrill, every time. Great smiles!

aurbie said...

I typed you a long message yesterday on my iPhone, but it crashed. Back again. Hope it works this time.

Great photos. I have thought about getting a kiddy pool just to cool off, but I would boil like a crab, that is if the marsh bugs did not eat me first.

It has been so hot here. We are on our way to DC where it will be even hotter. Had we known this heat wave was coming we would have never made reservations. Hope to get some good firework photos, but it is supposed to rain on the evening of the 4th. There is a rain date buy not paying for another night in D.C. The hotel charges $38 a day just to park your car. Crazy, uh?

Anyway, we decided not to take the lake house. Need to sell our house and buy another house in Georgia. Nothing is moving here.

I have been busy with travels and photos. Getting road weary, so hope to stay around the house long enough to rest and catch up.

Hope you have been well. Stay in touch.

An early Happy 4th to you and your family. I know you will have some great pool and BBQ photos. Let me know when you post them.

Stay cool!

Diana said...

You know Jackie, Jake and I had one of those pools when Kate was a little one too. And we had more fun in that pool than the big one!! I remember playing mermaid with Katie so much, I thought she'd never tire of it, LOL!!! Your grandchildren look so appreciative to grandma for the cool fun. Such sweet, sweet faces. Now you didn't mention if you got in the water with them. I'll bet you did!!
Love Di ♥

Jackie said...

A couple of people have asked me if I got in the pool with the Grandchildren.
Yes, I did. I had almost as much fun as they did!!

Maggie May said...

All you would need if you wanted your grand children to play in the water over here....... would be to just lat them run around in the garden. It has rained non stop for weeks now and is quite cold.I think that our hopes for a summer are now diminishing.

Your little ones look lovely and I do envy your weather.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

imac said...

All enjoying a good cool dip.
But where is Teachers Pet, no where to be found,lol.

Unknown said...

ok they are officially the cutest....(after mine!)LOL and the babies face is absolutely adorable with her little ponie on top of her head, she reminds me of the "Flintstone" baby! (forgot her name lol) OH yeah Pebbles! soooo sweet! Have a Happy 4th my dear friend!

Gail said...

HI JACKIE and happy 4th to you and all of yours. The pool is wonderful and the kids are so delighted :-)
Love to you
Gail
peace.....

Angie at Home said...

Oh sweet pics..... Happy 4th of July to you and your family..

Lew said...

Great idea! They certainly are enjoying it.

suz said...

What fun pictures. Seeing kids smiling like that is a lift to any day. And of course Grandma had to get in the water as well. How could she not? - Karen

Eddie Bluelights said...

So nice to see so many happy faces.
I'm almost back in Blogsville!

Smiles ~ Eddie

Suldog said...

Just checking in, as it's been a while since your last post. Hope all is wonderful for you!

Chatty Crone said...

Nothing as cooling as a dip in the pool. sandie