Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Welcome Visitor

Daddy feeds four of God's creatures every day around 6 P.M.
I was taking photos in Daddy's and Mama's yard one evening and was able to catch this fellow with my camera.

He was wary of me...but this particular fox  has been coming up to eat out of his own pan now for several years.  He doesn't let me (or anyone) get close (nor would we)...but he isn't as skittish as the other three that come up to eat each evening.



He waits by Daddy's farm implements.
Daddy calls him. "Come on, Buddy!
He puts the food in his bowl, and goes inside.
The fox warily approaches and eats.




Yep...that's his pan.
It's near the clothesline in Mama and Daddy's backyard.
He spots me across the yard and gives me "the look." 
My lens is long enough, and I am far enough away that hopefully he doesn't feel threatened....nor do I.



But he still gives me "the look."




I went inside the house and took these two photos through a window. 
See how much more relaxed he seems since I have left the yard. :))





He leaves....
See you tomorrow, Buddy.













35 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I have to tell you while that is amazing - it scares me!

Cindy said...

That's awesome Jackie! I'm so glad he gets to come eat. Although I'm sure he would be able to fend for himself and does, I'm so glad your Dad takes care of him. Beautiful photos. I hope everyone is doing well. Give your Mama my best.

Hugs,
Cindy

Rob-bear said...

Wow! What amazing pictures, Jackie! Thanks for sharing them.

DJan said...

That's a fantastic guest, Jackie. I'm so glad you are finally able to take comments, and this one I just couldn't wait to comment on. Beautiful! :-)

Gail said...

HI JACKIE - great pictures of Mr Fox. He knows his feed bowl for sure. So good to see you, Hugs to your Daddy and Mama.
Love Gail
peace..

Diana said...

I love Foxes! They are really pretty to me. I'm glad you were able to get such good shots without getting to close! We used to have one visit our yard in the old house, before we moved to town. Love watching them! Love Di ♥

imac said...

Wonderful captures my friend.

Maggie May said...

What magnificent photos of a magnificent creature.......... but I keep thinking what he would do to my poor little rabbits.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

suz said...

Very nice, Jackie. Great pix. We have had times where we could see wildlife up close and it's always amazing. It doesn't take much to startle them, even when they get used to you being there. Thanks for sharing. - Karen

Lady Di Tn said...

Glad you got the Comments Monster fed so he will not eat any more comments. LOL What a wonderful encounter. I have heard that if you have foxes around it means your area his healthy. I can see why you sat there on the deck watching that spectacular sun set in the previous post. Peace be with you.

tainterturtles said...

We have fox around our house too. That's interesting how the fox comes by everyday to eat....where are the little ones?

Jackie said...

Thank you for stopping by. He's a friendly fella...been coming to eat for years!

Jackie said...

Cindy...I always tell Mama that you ask about her and that you are praying for her. Thank you so my my friend!

Jackie said...

My pleasure, Rob... :))

Jackie said...

Jan...continue to enjoy your days! I'm glad that you were able to meet up with fellow bloggers.
Hugs,
J.

Jackie said...

Hugs delivered to Mama and Daddy from you. Continued prayers for you, Gail...
Smiles,
J.

Jackie said...

I love your visits, Di...and I love visiting you at your blog.
Continued good wishes to you on your upcoming surgery on your hand.
Love you,
J.

Jackie said...

Thank you, Stewart. I always enjoy your photos!

Jackie said...

Oh, Maggie...we would NEVER let Mr. Fox get near your sweet rabbits.
Sending you big smiles...hoping you always feel them.

Jackie said...

I love wildlife, Karen. And yes, they do startle easily.
It's my pleasure to share these photos with you.

Jackie said...

"Comment Monster"... :)) Great way to describe the blogging problem I've been having.
I've not heard about the foxes being around meaning that the area is healthy. I can't wait to share that with Mama and Daddy.
Thank you for the compliment about the photo at the lake. It was a spectacular sight to me.

Jackie said...

Lisa...Daddy is waiting for the little ones to show up. Right now, there are 4 adults, but we think that they are taking food to their little ones. It would be wonderful if they brought them up. :))

Craver Vii said...

Wow, great closeups! I'm glad to hear how you respect the wild. That must have been so cool for Adam and Eve before the fall to be able to hang out with all kinds of creatures and neither side had any reason for fear.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jackie: That was such a great show, i love the gray fox. We had red fox in our yard a few years back and I loved to see them.

Cindy said...

Thank you Jackie. Hope everything is going well.

Jackie said...

Amen, brother! Amen!! :))

Jackie said...

Studying the wild creatures is fun....and I learn so much from watching them.

Rune Eide said...

Nice ones! And how nice it must be to have such opportunities to catch wildlife "on the go".

Suldog said...

That is so amazingly cool! And great shots, too!

Jackie said...

It is wonderful to capture the wildlife on the go, RunE! :))

Jackie said...

Thank you, Jim...for stopping by and for leaving a comment. It's always good to see you here.
Hugs,
J.

Tranquility Speaks said...

I must say- What a cute fox! And you've an amazing camera :) Missed you Jackie :)

Cindy said...

Hi Jackie. Hope you are doing well. Hurry back to blog land. We all miss you!!!!!!

Hugs,
Cindy

Jackie said...

Cindy...thank you!!
Two hours ago, we were walking in snow at our NC mountain home...this was after a week and a half of beautiful short-sleeved fall weather up there. We have enjoyed the grandeur of fall in all of its splendor, and then we were blessed with a gorgeous snowfall as our sendoff to head back to the South. I will be home soon and will blog ASAP! Thank you so much!!!!!
Love,
J.

Jackie said...

Tranquility....I have had a hard time getting to my comment section using my cellphone, but I wanted to let you know I've missed you and am thankful to have such a loving blogfriend as you!
Hugs,
J.