These chairs are Mama's and Daddy's.
They sit on our deck facing Cold Mountain (North Carolina, USA) in a spot that has been a pondering place and dreaming spot as long as I can remember.
They sit on our deck facing Cold Mountain (North Carolina, USA) in a spot that has been a pondering place and dreaming spot as long as I can remember.
The hope that my parents would return to this spot together one more time was one that was always in our hearts.
Mama was hospitalized in August and again in September.
Mama was hospitalized in August and again in September.
In September, Mama had pneumonia and it was touch and go as to whether she would live.
There was always hope....and a dream.
On Thursday, October 18, hope became a reality.
Paul and I drove from Florida to the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina with
Mama and Daddy.
They said that of all the years that they have been returning to their home away from home on Dream Mountain, this trip was the most precious one they have ever had.
I love you Mama and Daddy.
May your hopes and dreams last as long as your love....forever.
"Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these
is love."
I Corinthians 13: 13
I Corinthians 13: 13



14 comments:
This is so precious, it made me tear up. I also call my parents Mama and Daddy, although they are now together on some other plane of existence. Your parents are blessed. Thank you for sharing this delightful story of love.
This was such a sweet, heartfelt post Jackie. It brought a tear to my eye. Love you, hugs.
Love Di ♥
What a beautiful post and touches the heart strings.
That is certainly a dream spot. :)
That was such a lovely post and I do wish you all well and am pleased that your dreams were fulfilled.
There is always hope........ there has to be.
Maggie X
Nuts in May
Oh Jackie- oh how I've missed you friend- and worried and wondered. Your photographs matched every tender word and filled me with such hope that you would tell us the dream lives on. What a precious and wonderful time for all of you! Oh I am just gushing with happy emotion.
Big hugs to you and to Mama too please. Blessings and love, love, love to you!
Beautiful. God bless you all!
Hi Jackie! I am so glad to see that your parents are doing well...and how about you? I've missed talking and visiting with you :-) I need to get off the Facebook and jump back into blog land :-) Love your previous post about the fox too! He sure is beautiful! Anyway, a big hello and hug from me to you!...and love too!
Magnificent! And the verse is a perfect accompaniment.
Jackie: What a great place to visit. You have a great view.
That's a beautiful shot of them on the chairs. I'm glad to see that your Mama made it back from her fight with pneumonia. I trust she is doing better. I saw an older couple sitting at a park almost the same as your parents, and I wanted to give them a hug. I took their picture, though. You'll see it on an upcoming post. A marriage that lasts is a blessing not only to each of them, but an encouragement to others as well. My wife and I are coming up on 25 years. We're just beginning! :-)
Wishing you and your parents a good winter, Jackie.
That was a wonderful gift for your parents and the photo of them holding hands at their favorite spot was poetic. Wishing better health to all. Peace
Just too, TOO precious. I can't begin the imagine the lump in your throat each time you arrive and leave here with your parents...
Post a Comment