Saturday, April 2, 2016

Surprise on the First Day of Spring

We spent most of March in our North Carolina home.
It is peaceful there, and we love the quiet.
At our Georgia home, I hear sirens of ambulances and firetrucks; I hear the roar of log trucks passing by on the way to the paper mill. 
It seems to be a constant din.  
I guess I'm used to it.
Until....

I'm at our NC home. Then I breathe a sigh of peaceful contentment.
I hear nothing except the sound of the wind in the trees, the birds, and the mountain stream. 
That's it.
Quiet.

We worked hard and played hard while we were there.
And we had a nice surprise on the first day of spring.
It snowed.
Something we don't see in South Georgia.
And it was a quiet snow.
Of course....

I'm having my cup of morning coffee.
Taking in the quiet.

27 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Such a beautiful view and peaceful. Your own piece of heaven!

Linda said...

Well...sweet friend, we got prob., 6 inches of snow last night and the Weather Channel said to expect another 4-8 tonight and 3-5 tomorrow. Really nothing new, as we usually get it until the end of May. Since we are so close to Buffalo and Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. smiles

Beautiful photos---love your home. Blessings

LilliStJohn said...

Whereas I live in a land of snow, I also feel the "quiet snow" and excitedly look at its "fresh fallen beauty". Ours is mostly gone and some trees have buds. The robins and geese have begun arriving back from their winter homes. Your home is very beautiful and I am in love with your view. Enjoy your day.

jack69 said...

Beautiful view and yes the light snow is beautiful. ALSO I have no doubt that you worked and played hard. TWo homes can keep one busy! Love the home, it fits the Mountains well. ENJOY!

Tamara said...

Oh Jackie! Your description is just as lovely as the picture! Sometimes my soul just craves the quietness. To hear a bird chirp... an owl hoot...

Vicky said...

I feel the serenity exuding from your photos. That view is stunning and soul-refreshing! Love to you~

Maggie May said...

There's nothing quite like *quiet snow* before anyone else has messed it up and it seems to muffle every noise. I guess you get used to the noise of a city.
Your country home looks very lovely.
Maggie x

DJan said...

OH, that is the most beautiful snow, and that picture of you drinking your coffee in the brilliant sunshine is priceless. Happy Spring! :-)

tainterturtles said...

Such a beautiful photo of the mountains Jackie....and it snowed for you! I'm so excited!!!! How wonderful to have a place to escape to when you want complete quietness.

Anvilcloud said...

It's an amazing place that you have there.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- How beautiful and just look at that view! The snow looks beautiful- like a fairy land. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay there. xo Diana
ps. As always, thanks for visiting me and commenting on John's health!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Oh Jackie, my dear friend,
I am so totally delighted that you were able to get away and experience such quiet and peace.
Isn't tranquility and serenity and quiet such a gift! I loved the pictures and seeing you out there
having coffee! Perfect! And snow, ah yes. We had some "quiet snow" :) the day after Easter. Such a surprise!
Isn't spring just wonderful!

Sending loves and hugs and prayers to you, sweet Jackie! We are in the prayerful, baby-waiting time
here in Spokane as Annora Grace should be born in the next two weeks. Thank you for your prayers for
Amy and Annora!

God Bless! Love you and I am so grateful for your friendship!!
Linda

Patty said...

Thanks for your visits. Nice to see you back.

Lady Di Tn said...

A very nice get away. Peace

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

My dear friend,
Thank you so much for praying for us and especially Amy and Annora Grace. That
means the world to me. We are trusting God, but this is a tough time for sure. Please
know that you, too, are in my prayers every day. I am so grateful to God that you are my friend.

God Bless!
Love, Linda

Gail said...

Hi Jackie - "Happy Spring" snowy as it is - here as well - although warmer temps are expected mid week. I love your pictures - the landscape is beautiful - and so are you
Love Gail
peace.....

Honest Abe Lincoln said...

We had snow here in Ohio too but it is melted away but there is lots of white frost on the roofs this morning. It is a mere 43 degrees.

Hilary said...

What an incredibly view you have. So lovely. I hope you are doing well, dear Jackie. Hugs to you. :)

suz said...

Ah: Beauty, beauty everywhere,
Enough for all and more to share.

Love the view, the house and glad you included yourself. The peace and quiet exudes into the atmosphere. Thanks for sharing.

Rick Watson said...

That place looks heavenly.

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Oh my dear friend, I'm so sorry that the blog title was frightening. Most of all know that when Annora is born, and I can get to a computer, you will be one of the people I let know about how everything went and how Annora and Amy are doing. You are the hands of God, so faithful, and I am awed and honored that you pray for my sweet daughter and Annora Grace. I know God hears our prayers and like you, even though I trust the Lord, I am nervous about all of this.

You are a steadfast friend, one of a kind. I treasure you!
God Bless and I'll be in touch with you individually when Annora is born!
God Bless!
Love, Linda

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this morning, dear friend. Thank you fro all of your prayers and for being my friend. Have a blessed day knowing that He is our HOPE, he is our STRENGTH, He is our ROCK, He is our REDEEMER!
Love you to the moon and back!
Linda

Jackie said...

Praying for Amy and Annora Grace....
Love you,
Jackie

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Some contractions but no delivery yet. She is at the doctor's right now.Thank you for your prayers, dear friend!
Love you!
Linda

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Jackie, Just back from the hospital. Praise God Annora is alive and so is Amy after a very difficult c-section. Annora is in the NICU with breathing problems and Amy is heartbroken to not have even held her yet. Please pray for both of them. We are praising God that they are both alive!!

Love you!
Linda

Anonymous said...

What a spectacular view! I know you love the sweet sounds of nature in NC. We moved to Cleveland GA in July and we love it.

Jackie said...

We love the Western NC mountains.
I love Cleveland, GA, too.
We have fond memories of our visits there.
Hugs,
J.