Sunday, October 30, 2016

Time Marches On



Daddy celebrated his 90th birthday in August, and Mama celebrated her 85th in September. 
Time seems to get away from us, and I apologize for not blogging more often than I do. 
Here is a photo of Daddy's birthday cake. I took a photo that I had taken of one of Daddy's favorite places (the view from our home in North Carolina) to the bakery at our local Sams Club. They made an edible photo for his cake.
 He loved it. 
There is a lot going on as we all get a bit older, and I'm sure it's that way for most of my blogging friends, so I'm preaching to the choir, I suspect. 
But, I wanted to stop by and say hello to you all and let you know that I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth. Sending you all love and hugs.....
Jackie

21 comments:

Marie Smith said...

How blessed you are to have both of your parents with you still. Such a blessing! Good to read you again!

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NanaDiana said...

Hi Jackie! I am so glad you popped in and left a message. I had just done a post on 'missing' bloggers..but didn't list you because I knew you were still around. Happy Belated birthday to your dad and your mom. That is a great cake! xo Diana

Jackie said...

Blessed indeed.
Thank you for stopping by to visit me, Marie.
That is very sweet of you.
Hugs!

Jackie said...

Hello friend....
You are so thoughtful to be concerned about your blogging friends.
That shows what a kind person you are!
Sending a hug from South Georgia to you.
J.

LilliStJohn said...

Nice to hear from you. I had taken the summer off in Blogger, cause our summers are short and I have to be outside enjoying it. What a wonderful Birthday Cake and best belated wishes to your Mum n Dad. Have a wonderful day.

Maggie May said...

Glad to see you again. We're all guilty of putting off blogging! However, we usually come back to it!
Marvellous cake. Your parents are doing very well!
Maggie x

Vicky said...

Such a beautiful photo for Papa's cake... oh goodness, 90! Now that is truly something to celebrate. And Mama, turned 85- oh my. Such a great surprise to see you here- so much love to you and yours!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Oh my dear friend, Jackie,
How wonderful to see you here and to see the marvelous and creative cake you had made for your Papa.
90 years old! Praise God!! What a blessing that he is still here for you to love and celebrate. And that
photograph, from your home in North Carolina, ...just beautiful.
And you, my treasured friend, are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for praying for me and my loved ones!
Sending you loves and hugs and prayers!
Linda

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

HI Jackie, my dear friend,
You are in my prayers today, as always, for love, peace and a
sense of God's presence!. Thank you for your special friendship
and prayers for my family.

Love you!
Linda

Jackie said...

Hi my friend. Short summers make one relish each moment, and I'm glad that you were able to take a blogging break. Thank you for taking the time to stop by here. It is always wonderful to see you.
Hugs,
J.

Jackie said...

Sweet Maggie. My heart is always brighter when I've seen that you have been here.
You are a friend from across the pond that is very dear to me.
Mama and Daddy are doing well.
Thank you for your love and friendship.
Always,
Jackie

Jackie said...

And love right back to you, Vicky.
You know that I love you and love your family.
Love,
J.

Jackie said...

Hi Linda. I know that I can count on you to pray with me and to pray for me.
I'm so glad we found each other through blogging.
"Special" is not even close enough to describe how I feel about our friendship.
I know you are always here for me. And you know that I am here for you. That is indeed special.
Love you,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Your posts always come right on time.
God's timing is perfect isn't it.
Yes.
Thank you....again and again for your dear friendship.
Love and hugs to you and those you love,
J.

Sally Wessely said...

Thanks for checking in. Life does get so busy. I totally understand that. That cake is amazing. What a wonderful way to celebrate.

Jackie said...

Thank you, Sally.
Feel a hug from me to you.
You are sweet to visit, and as always, I wish you the very best.
Love,
Jackie

Eddie Bluelights said...

Hi Jackie, I have been AWOL for too long and just dropped by to with your dad a very happy birthday (belated) and to admire the cake . . .

Wishing you all the very best and hopr Mama and Papa are ok and all the family.
Hugs

Eddie . . . :)

Jackie said...

Hi Eddie. I will tell Daddy that you wish him a belated happy birthday.
You are so sweet.
Missed you...but, like you, I've been away as well.
We can always pick right back up at our blogs, though. Friends are for always....
J.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to have your parents closeby. God bless them!

Jackie said...

They are a blessing.
Beyond words....