Sunday, November 13, 2011

What are the thoughts





Doncha sometimes wonder what goes on in their precious little minds.

Shelby: "Hmmmm... Nana has on lipstick.  I'm not used to seeing my Nana
wearing lipstick.  
I think I'll have some."

Nana"I love this baby girl !!"



photos by Jack (Granddaddy)

22 comments:

Eddie Bluelights said...

Very moving pictures, Jackie. What a beautiful relationship between Nana and Shelby. Love these shots.
Oh and you asked about my children. They are both very well thankyou. S is loving her work as a teacher, teaching 7-8 year olds. She led the church service recentlt which was wonderful. She still has a lovely voice. J is doing very well with his Computing degree and he has a job as well which means he is financially 'afloat'. Just need UK PLC to get off it's backside and improve the economy for jobs when he gets his degree.

Higs and smiles ~ Eddie

PS I am sending a surprise soon by snail mail.

Craver Vii said...

Oh, I had to laugh when I saw this, Jackie. It reminded me of a recent visit with my grandchildren, where they put their fingers in my mouth and I bit down a little. They found that amusing for some reason! One might think I'm crazy, but my wife played the same game with them.

Vicky said...

So beautiful and heartfelt! She is just precious!! So glad she got a re-do on her birthday :)

imac said...

What white teeth you have Granny. (Nanny)

Diana said...

We can see the love Jackie on both sides! And why do babies always go for our mouths?
Love Di ♥

Jackie said...

Eddie... Hi, my friend. I'm glad that you love the shots. Yes, the relationship between Nana and Shelby is wonderful. She has gotten to where she reaches for me when she sees me at church, 'cause she wants Nana to take her...and walk her...and play with her. (Can I spell "rotten".. :)) )
I'm so glad that Selina is enjoying working with the children. I know that her voice is beautiful...and she has a gift for teaching. Jonathon is afloat! Yes!! Wonderful that he has his degree and has a job. I'm so happy for both of your children, Eddie. I hope that Maria is continuing to feel better. Would you tell her that I said hello. Thank you for your kind visits. They mean so much to me. Take care of you.
Hugs,
J.

Jackie said...

Craver... Yes!! Yes. I do that too. They love for me to pretend that I'm "biting" their little fingers...especially if I make that grrrring noise (know the one that I mean??) :)) They love that gentle play....and it tickles them (and me.)
I send you warm smiles. Thank you for your faithful visits.
Hugs,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Vicky...I thought of you...especially on Tuesday. I know that you need strength and prayers especially on your chemo days.
You are so very sweet to take time from your day to stop by and visit with me. Thank you!!
I'm glad that Shelby got a re-do on her birthday, too. It just so happened that the 're-do' was on her birthday. I guess it was meant to be!
Know that I'm thinking of you. I love you, my friend.
Jackie

Jackie said...

Stewart... You need glasses, my friend. But thank you! If I could get one thing done to my face right away, it would be to have my teeth porcelained...but that's not gonna happen. I would also like a face lift... (That's not out of the realm of possibilities, though.) Thank you for your visits week after week. Thank you again for sharing your gift of photography with me. I treasure those. Smiles to you!!
J.

Sally Wessely said...

You should love this baby girl. She is just precious.

Jackie said...

Di...Hello my friend!! I agree with you whole-heartedly. Yes!! They always go for the mouth...unless one is wearing glasses...then, they go for the glasses.
I am going to your blog in a few minutes. I see that you have a new one posted. I look forward to reading it. (I've had a busy day. Just got in. Took Mama to get a lung x-ray and I take her to her pulmonologist tomorrow.)
Hugs and lotsa love to you, Di.
Jackie

Jackie said...

Sally (Retired English Teacher)...I do! I do!!
Yes, I do!!! Thank you for the compliment on our baby girl. NOthing makes our hearts prouder than for someone to speak sweetly of our Grands.
Thank you, Sally!!
Hugs and great big smiles to you.
Jackie

Maggie May said...

I'd love to know what little babies are thinking.
One thing for sure, she seems very intrigued & thoughtful about something to do with you!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Jackie said...

Hello Maggie....
So good to see you here again. I always smile when I see your name in my comment section.
Shelby is not only intriqued...she is intriquing!
:)) I love that baby girl.
Sending you hugs and love, Maggie.
J.

Suldog said...

My first thought was, "What a cute Grandma!" (but I've always been attracted to grown animals as opposed to babies. I may be the only person in the universe who prefers cats to kittens.)

Jackie said...

Jim...You are sweet; I've always known that.
Thank you, my friend for your visits to my blog.
The friends that I have I treasure. You are one of them, Jim. Warm regards and smiles to you and your family.
Hugs,
Jackie

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jackie: What wonderful photos, these will be so precious as she ages. My wife is also known as Nana.
I truly enjoy your visits to my blog. They are really inspiring.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness she is the most beautiful baby! HA HA HA I love the lipstick....I wouldn't be caught dead without it. And I WILL have it on then too! The question will be...which one will we put on the ole gal hehehehe I have about 10 different colors hehehe. Every grandie gets a lip smooch and my lips attached to there precious little faces and necks when I see them. Parents always wonder what the heck is on you...lol then realize I have been leaving my grandma mark!

Gail said...

HI JACKIE = great pictures, beautiful. so glad all is well with you and yours :-)
we are ok, yup, i had a good check up w/my doc today. thank you Jesus. Skipp and I are getting ready for Thanksgiving. we are making our shopping list which we will do on Sunday - then Mom-Tue-Wed are food prep days. I love every aspect of it. folks love my stuffing recipe and i/we love making it I wish you and your family a blessed and bountiful thanksgiving

love you always my friend, always
Gaiace....

Jackie said...

Tom... Thank you, my friend. I do enjoy going to your blog and looking at your photos. I am glad that I was able to find you via Stewart's blog. It is always a pleasure to see your photos. I see that you are "Papa"...and your wife is "Nana." I love the endearing terms we share with our Grands. May your Thanksgiving be a wonderful and loving time for you and your family. Thank you again for your kind visits and comments.
Smiles to you,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Hi Linda Lu. From one Grandma to another: Isn't it the BEST feeling in the world to be wrapped up in their love? I don't wear the variety of colors of lipstick that you do. I smile and take my hat off to you, my friend. You go girl! I'm lucky if I remember to put on the one color that I wear!!
But, I do know that I look less 'washed out' when I wear it...so, I try to put it on when I'm going out. At home, though, it's plain ole' Jackie. That's why Shelby was giving me 'the look'... :))
She is used to seeing me sans lipstick.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your husband and family, Linda.
Love,
Jackie

Jackie said...

Gail...I enjoyed hearing Skipp's song, and wanted to let you and Skipp know that I hope that you are having a good week and that you have a blessed Thanksgiving. It sounds like you will be busy....but a happy busy! Wonderful!!
Love and hugs,
Jackie