Driving past a small church in rural North Carolina, I was touched by this simple and powerful memorial.
As I knelt to take the photos, I realized that was exactly where I needed to be. On my knees. I gave thanks to God for the brave men and women who fought and died for me.
Thank you, Patty. God took care of the lighting for me in this photo. My favorite time of the day to take photos is late afternoon/evening. The shadows happened to be long ones...which were perfect for me for this particular shot. Regarding the answers to the eggplant question from my previous blog: as far north as you are, I don't think it is too late for you to plant them at all. And...to contol pests in our garden, I use a garlic "recipe" spray that I got from the internet. You won't have to use Sevin dust if you use this 'natural' pest control. I found that Sevin caused my bell peppers and other plants to curl up on the edges of the leaves, turn brown, and feel very 'sick'...so, I am using a natural remedy. It's always good to see your photographs, Patty. You are an exceptionally talented photographer!!
It certainly makes you think, when you go to such a place. It looks like a really peaceful memorial. It is just a pity that so many had to die and still it goes on..... Maggie X
12 comments:
Very nice. You had a splendid light. Someone must have been shining it in just the right direction.
Whoever put this together did a beautiful job. I wish my town put a little more thought into both Memorail Day and Veteran's Day.
Thank you for sharing.
Never forget.
Thank you, Patty.
God took care of the lighting for me in this photo.
My favorite time of the day to take photos is late afternoon/evening. The shadows happened to be long ones...which were perfect for me for this particular shot.
Regarding the answers to the eggplant question from my previous blog: as far north as you are, I don't think it is too late for you to plant them at all.
And...to contol pests in our garden, I use a garlic "recipe" spray that I got from the internet. You won't have to use Sevin dust if you use this 'natural' pest control. I found that Sevin caused my bell peppers and other plants to curl up on the edges of the leaves, turn brown, and feel very 'sick'...so, I am using a natural remedy.
It's always good to see your photographs, Patty. You are an exceptionally talented photographer!!
It certainly makes you think, when you go to such a place.
It looks like a really peaceful memorial. It is just a pity that so many had to die and still it goes on.....
Maggie X
Nuts in May
Wow, Jackie! That IS a painfully beautiful sight from so many angles... And you're right; on your knees was the right angle.
You know you are in the state of my dreams. Wish I were near you there.
Thanks for the kind comment re. the desk. And I WILL pass it on. I have sold it. A lady is to pick it up this morning :(
I kind of hate to see it go.
Amen to that Jackie. Because of those many men and women we can enjoy our freedoms. We must never forget.
A lovely post my friend! Love Di ♥
Thank you for this touching post, Jackie. Remembering my own fallen...
Love the feelings that you captured in your photos my friend.
I see WW2 on the crosses. Norway received much assistance from you during those years - a fact that is not forgotten.
That is beautiful and it truly reflects what Memorial Day is all about. Peace
Beautiful. Simply, painfully beautiful.
Indeed, Jackie. Thank you.
This sentiment is right on. I am thanking God with you for those who paid the price for the freedom I enjoy. May I never take it for granted.
Post a Comment