Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weeds and Wildflowers





Last week I strolled on the road in front of our house in the mountains...camera in hand.


Wildflowers are beautiful to me.

Here is a photo I took of the road I walked down and photos of a few of the blooms I found along the way. 


Some of the blossoms are weeds and some are wildflowers.  Each of them are wonderfully spread where God has planted them.








Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them.
A. A. Milne ~ Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh












15 comments:

Diana said...

Eeyore is absolutely right Jackie! There are some awfully pretty weeds out there.
What a pretty road for a walk. I would like to take a walk with you someday. Wouldn't that be fun!
Love Di ♥

tainterturtles said...

Beautiful wildflowers. You need to get a hold of the North America Peterson's Field Guide to Wildflowers, so you can identify all the wildflowers on your NC land. I love the dense woods....what a great hideaway!

Tamara said...

Oh daisies! I so miss daisies!

Tamara said...

P.S. Love the A.A. Milne quote!

Rob-bear said...

A weed is a plant which is growing where you don't want it.

And, yes; Eeyore is absolutely correct. He always is.

P.S.: If I know your e-mail, I'd send you a note. Mine is in my blog profile.

Dave said...

Nice photos Jackie. I liked that A.A.Milne quote too - Dave

DJan said...

Lovely pictures, jackie. I too love wildflowers and most "weeds." :-)

Teresa said...

Beautiful photo's. This inspires me to take a walk today, with doggie in tow and camera in hand. Perhaps I will find God along the way. He has been hiding from me I fear.
Teresa

Maggie May said...

Sometimes weeds can look beautiful. Such as fields of dandelions and buttercups as well as daisies. I love to see such natural things when out walking. Its just that we don't always want them in our gardens because they soon crowd out the things we planted.
In their natural setting, I definitely love them.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Eileen said...

Such a pretty post, Jackie ~ 'felt like I was walking the path with you. Very tranquil and just what I needed tonight.
I'm going to try and get back in the swing of blogging but just haven't felt like it lately.
Love, Eileen

Suldog said...

Amen to the Milne quote. I've never understood why some things of beauty are considered weeds and others not. One of the most beautiful lawns I ever saw was after My Dad's death. I used to go up to New Hampshire and mow his lawn every few weeks, but after he died I didn't get there for a while. Next time I did, the lawn was covered with red, orange, yellow, blue... all "weeds", but a stunning sight overall.

Craver Vii said...

Clever quote by Milne. I'll have to remember that.

I like the pics! Daisies are Mrs. Craver's favorite flowers. Coincidentally, Eeyore is her favorite character from the Hundred Acre Wood.

Gail said...

Hi Jackie - beautiful, beautiful pictures - such a lovely walk and I was so happy to "be" with you for a leisurely stroll in such beauty.
Please pray for my Mom - she is back in the hospital w/pneumonia and other complications - God have mercy.
Hugs and love to your Mama and Daddy, k?
Love to you my dear friend
Gail
peace......

Lady Di Tn said...

Reminds me of the country roads of my youth. I appreciate the weed flowers on a stroll but not in my flower beds. I have been fighting a losing battle for the last couple of days. Weeds 2 Kitty Justice 0. Peace

Cindy said...

Beautiful photos Jackie and I love your road. Hope everything is going well. Not doing much blogging right now. Taking care of Dad. He was in the hospital for blood clots in his left leg and diabetes. He's out now and doing better. Sugar still running high. It's been stressful and I've been missing Mama a lot in the past few days. How is your remodeling going?

Hugs,
Cindy