Friday, May 15, 2015

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder


This planter sits idly behind the shelter in which we keep our tractor.
As I brought my camera to my eye, I became focused on the beauty of the rust.
I know that sounds odd, but I find rust beautiful.

There are many older and rustier implements on this farm.
One day, I hope to gather them and display them in a proper way.
Their beauty should be seen.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old is Gold. This one looks unique and good...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful photo. Thank you for sharing with us.

God bless.

Linda said...

I love that photo! It brings me back to the farm we left when we moved up to the great north, smiles. Blessings

LilliStJohn said...

I agree with you - there is great beauty in rush. I have driven by many a rusty olde tractor, abandoned car, piece of farm equipment, olde wagon wheel set against a barn or tree......and have actually stopped to take several photos way out in the country. Your photo is enticing to look at. Very well done.

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh no, it's not odd at all. There are many of us who love old, rusty stuff! That's a beautiful photo.

Tamara said...

Yes, the patina of rust is amazing! All caused by exposure and aging... what a spiritual correlation!

Love you, Jackie!

Vicky said...

My Dad always loved seeing this too, and usually had a story about using something like it, long ago. They do photograph beautifully- as you've just proven to us! Hugs to you, sweet friend~

Sally Wessely said...

I agree with you. I love the beauty of well used and rusty items used to work the earth or support the workers. This photo is really beautiful. I can see a grouping of these on a wall somewhere.

I haven't seen you on blogger lately. It is good to see you again. Blessings.

Anvilcloud said...

Rust is definitely photogenic.

DJan said...

Very nice indeed. I agree that it should be seen, and you've made a good start by putting in on here. :-)

Unknown said...

Rust is a recycle program that seems to take care of those things we neglect.

jack69 said...

Ah yes, I love the old implements. Son and I actually bought a house once because of the far implements amid the under growth. He still has them adorning some property here in NC>.