I used my iPhone to video a small tour of the tree house that Paul built for our Grands.
The narration is yours truly....with my "Suthurn" drawl.
(Can't help that. Born and raised here in the Deep South, USA.)
Hope you enjoy the tour.
(Can't help that. Born and raised here in the Deep South, USA.)
Hope you enjoy the tour.
18 comments:
Jackie, this is awesome! Thank you for the tour.
You have such a soft voice - you sounded great and I loved your video tour. Well Done :)
Nice tour of the world's most magnificent treehouse. You have a sweet voice.
BEAUTIFUL!!!! You and I speak just alike, ask Sparky (http://redbirdacres.blogspot.com/). Thanks for the smiles. P.S. My professor/advisor told me to never loose that southern drawl. Blessings
A few words: 1) Loved the tour. Can I come over and play?
2) Was there a Southern accent? I live in Arkansas and it was not very noticible to me.
3) You two should be nominated for Grandparents of the Year.
Thanks for the video and other pictures you share with your blogger family and friends. - Karen
Thank you, Tamara. I hope that we get to meet one day.
You are a sweet blogging friend.
Love,
J.
Thank you, my friend. We think it is a fun place for the Grands (and for us, too.) We enjoy sitting on the deck and getting a bird's eye view of the yard.
Hope that you have a beautiful week.
Hugs,
J.
Linda. Again, I congratulate you on the completion of your Freshman year of college.
Enjoy the brief time off from studying, and keep that smile going.
Thank you for stopping by here at "Teacher's Pet." It is always good to see you.
Love,
Jackie
Hi Karen.
Thank you for the kind and heart-warming comments.
And YES! You can come over and play any time, sweet friend.
I don't notice a Southern accent either, but I have been told that it is there. Everyone here sounds just like me, so I don't notice it at all.
Our Grands bring us such joy....and they are blessings beyond words.
Sending love to you,
Jackie
Thank you, Lilly. I am so glad that you like the "walk thru" of the newly-built tree house.
I send you a smile from South Georgia.
You have been so kind to me during my absence from blogging.
Love,
Jackie
What a wonderful, wonderful treehouse! I love it and it makes me miss all my southern friends to hear you talk. Everyone here has that flat, nasal Midwestern inflection.
Thanks for visiting me and leaving me such a nice comment. I am putting you on my sidebar. For some reason you have not been coming through my reader! xo Diana
I've been away for a while....and that could be why I wasn't coming through your reader.
Thank you for adding me to your sidebar. I love being at your blog.
And...every dialect from across this great country is wonderful and unusual to me. I often try to think about WHERE the 'imaginary' line(s) in our country is/are that separate all of us regarding the ways we talk.....
Sending you hugs and love,
Jackie
That is a remarkable place for those grandchildren. I KNOW they love it. You and your hubby are incredible craftspeople!
Rick
Thank you so much, Rick. They do love it....and we love it too! It's a win/win!!
My husband is a wonderful carpenter. He built this himself....no plans to go by except the ones that he and our Grandson envisioned together.
Hugs,
J.
If that were in my yard I would never leave it. What a magical place for those kids to have and they will create memories there that will last them a life time.
Wow that is a Mansion of a tree house. All we had were some boards nailed in some tree limbs in order to play Tarzan and Jane. The tree your son planted looks majestic. Peace
They (Grands) were over here this afternoon. We had Kentucky Fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy and cole slaw. Want to guess where we ate? :) Yes. The deck of the tree house. And not only do they enjoy it, so do I.
Thank you for your kind visits.
Love,
Jackie
We had about the same thing (tree house of olden days) as you did, Lady Di....and we enjoyed it immensely.
Thank you for the sweet comments....and as always, my hope for you is that you have a beautiful week.
Love,
Jackie
Post a Comment